Announcements Response Topic

Started by Matthias720, November 11, 2013, 05:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

One-Eye the wildcat

"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Tungro

That is not a bad thing
*cough cough
Back on topic

Thank for the reminder guys! Wish I could say I was innocent

Captain Tammo

Quote from: One-Eye the wildcat on August 05, 2019, 09:32:09 PM
I'm scared of moderators.

I read this as something that was meant to be silly. It's okay to be silly now and then but maybe not here - I'd rather keep this board a bit more serious for sincere announcements and celebratory for the fun things. This could be one example of what the team and I were trying to address with the new announcement.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Verdauga

So, umm....
Ummm....

Ummmm....
Are we past the plans for the Holiday Season?
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Captain Tammo

NO! Just very, very late with planning the next, bigger-than-ever Extravagan -- erm, I mean.... event... which will stay a mystery and none of you can know about. heheh..

We had a bit of a setback, so hang in there guys!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

By the way, Rosie's username is spelt incorrectly in the announcement. @Captain Tammo

Anyway, congrats Rosie!
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Wylder Treejumper

Congratulations Rosie! You've done great work on the forum and we're happy to have you as one of our evil dictators *cough* I mean, kindly and benevolent leaders.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rosie Willowwater

Thanks, guys! I cannot fully express how much everything that you all have said and done means to me. I hope I can live up to expectations and help make this forum even better than it already is! You guys make that job way too easy though ;).

Quote from: Booklover on April 10, 2020, 03:02:43 PM
By the way, Rosie's username is spelt incorrectly in the announcement. @Captain Tammo

Actually, when I first joined the forum my username was "Rosie Williowater" by mistake, so you could argue that he was actually correct in his naming ;D.

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on April 10, 2020, 03:09:16 PM
Congratulations Rosie! You've done great work on the forum and we're happy to have you as one of our evil dictators *cough* I mean, kindly and benevolent leaders.

Ooooh, evil dictator, maybe I should have added those to my list of adjectives in the "Rosie's party" thread. They may be a little bit more accurate ;).

MeadowR

Congratulations, Rosie! :D I'm sure you've been a great mod to now deserve global mod.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

shisteer of nothing much

I feel like everybeast has said what needs to be said, but I'd like to add my support to it. Thank you, Rosie, for all your time and hard work. You're a very kind beast and a great ruler who I am proud to serve. The forum wouldn't be the same without you.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Jukka the Sling

Congratulations, Rosie!  Your promotion is well-deserved. ^^
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Regarding the newest announcement, I wouldn't mind participating. I'm a little rusty but I think it'd be fun.

Captain Tammo

We have the first candidate! Would anybody else want to fight Cornflower to the death for the title of Redwall Champion?