News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Awards Contest Discussion Topic

Started by The Lady Shael, August 01, 2011, 04:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on October 06, 2011, 10:55:57 PM
Does anyone know when and where the Awards Contest Entries will be posted on the website?

Matthias said soon, an exact deadline is still undecided I think :-\
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

yeswonderful

Perhaps for future contests a deadline for the judges to decide on the winnters ought to be enacted so people don't lose interest.
Like pirates? Want to be a classy vermin who wears a cravat and sails the high seas? Enjoy writing? Join the VI! http://rovl.org/vi
VI movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-1Q0htbfk&feature=youtu.be

Taggerung_of_Redwall

The judging has been finished for awhile, the awards part is presently still going on.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Folgrimeo

So the only thing left is making the banners for the winners? That could take a bit of time I suppose. Still, it would have been useful to know the judging was finished earlier so we know there was progress being made. I was under the impression you were still judging entries.

I'm also curious on how many entries were entered, anything to help justify how the judging+awards has taken nearly a month. My guess is one category got a lot more entries than another category, leading to an uneven workload.

BrookSkimmer

It would be nice to know before the banners are made... Kind of a loooong time since the deadline...

Captain Tammo

I agree with BrookSkimmer and Folgrimo, is there a time estimate as to when we'll find everything out?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

BrookSkimmer

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

Just saw the winners announced- those drawings literally blew me away! Well done guys! I also loved the websites and I can't wait to read the fanfics! CONGRATULATIONS WINNERS!!! CONGRATULATIONS RUNNERS-UP!!! CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED!!!Looking forward to next time, when, hopefully, I'll have the time to get something up!  :D
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lily

Lutra

Congratulations to all winners and runners-up. :)  You are all talented individuals in your own way.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

BrookSkimmer

Congrats to everyone! I loved the other pictures and I can't wait to read the fanfics! I've only gone to the pond site so far because my computer is being slow. It was such a great idea. I loved it! Will check the other one out soon!

Skalrag of Marshank

Good job, winners!  ;D

One question: are the fanfictions going to be posted on this site?
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on November 09, 2011, 04:24:15 PM
Congrats to everyone! I loved the other pictures and I can't wait to read the fanfics! I've only gone to the pond site so far because my computer is being slow. It was such a great idea. I loved it! Will check the other one out soon!
You were AWESOME, BrookSkimmer. I can tell why you won the grand prize. :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.