News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

There's a minor villian called "Stinky"...

Started by General Ironbeak, December 24, 2013, 09:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i am that is (Matthias)

wow thats weird. I would hate to have that happen to me...just imagine the nicknames people could come up with.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwaller on December 26, 2013, 10:09:17 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on December 26, 2013, 09:23:30 PM
Quote from: Redwaller on December 25, 2013, 10:11:03 PM
Actually, vermin weren't named by their parents. As they joined hordes and bands, the others gave them nicknames.
How do you know that? ::)
Quote from: Tam and Martin on December 26, 2013, 08:07:19 PM
Uggo? Uggo? It sounds- Crazy.
Oh, yes...
First, just by how they are, you can assume they got it later. Like "Snaggletooth"

Second, it was mentioned in the books a few times.
Well, alright. Though, I wonder if vermin ever kept their real name.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Blaggut

Quote from: rachel25 on December 28, 2013, 03:39:49 PM
Quote from: General Ironbeak on December 25, 2013, 11:21:25 PM
What's funny is the names they used to have were at least real words (Darkclaw, Splintnose) but eventually became just jibberish sounding names by the later books. Goes to show how the series was going downhill :(
DOWNHILL!!!!!!!
What do you mean "downhill" the books are all brilliant, and I like the way, how some of the names are made up ones. It makes you feel like the Redwall animals don't have to obey some of the rules we do. I like the way it's got some made up names!

Took the key-swipes right out of my fingers.
~Just a soft space boi~

clunylooney

What's funny is the names they used to have were at least real words (Darkclaw, Splintnose) but eventually became just jibberish sounding names by the later books. Goes to show how the series was going downhill :(
The series didn't go down hill! We got great books like Loamhedge, High Rhulain and Doomwyte! And good books like Rakkety Tam and The Rogue Crew! And alright books like Eulalia! and The Sable Quean ...

"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

MeadowR

Just read the title of this thread and it did make me laugh. ;D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: clunylooney on May 29, 2020, 09:07:20 PM
The series didn't go down hill! We got great books like Loamhedge, High Rhulain and Doomwyte! And good books like Rakkety Tam and The Rogue Crew! And alright books like Eulalia! and The Sable Quean ...

^I agree that the series didn't go downhill, at least in my opinion.

And concerning the topic: Oof. Yeah, poor Stinky... Awful name.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!