News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

OOC: SHADE!! FALCO!! REVEN!! ARYA'S STILL HOLDING OPEN THE DOOR!!!

BIC: Bryony was silently seething as she came down from the tree. "I heard every word you said, beetle brain. For your health you may not want to call me 'Little Squirrel' again." She said meaningfully, as her paw, holding her loaded sling, tightened around the sling handle. She didn't really care about calling him beetle brain; It wasn't that big of an insult and besides, she wasn't THAT small compared to him. She socked her brother on the arm, saying, " 'Bout time you quit chatting. Rosemary old friend, let us in! I saw you standing on the other side of the gate - I know you're there!"
---------------
Rosemary grinned: That was Bryony alright. She tried to open the gate, then impatiently said, "C'mon you two! I can't do this by myself."

The Skarzs

Argunath raised an eyebrow at the squirrelmaid. "Beetle brain am I? Well then, it is good for your health that I find that not insulting. Come along, little creatures." He looked back down the direction he had come, and something caught his eye. Was it just a trick of the light, or did he see something yellow dart across the road? "I think it's better if we continue any conversation inside," he growled in a low voice. "Let's go."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grag listened to the latest report: the cougar had gone inside the abbey. He had learned all he needed for his scouting expedition: the creatures had heard of their coming and were holing themselves up in their stone fort. There were four entrances, one at each wall, but the bigger cats would have a hard time getting in through any but the main gate. He sent out the other leopard to gather the other scouts. It was time to leave.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Cornflower MM on February 06, 2014, 09:56:49 PM
Major Colon strod into the Mess, and saw Paisley. He walked over and slid into the seat next to her. "Oh hello Paisley old bean! Wonder when the Lady/Lord is getting up, eh?"

Paisley swallowed a mouthful of food and smiled. "Aye. S/he's not usually late for brekkers, wot!"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ungatt Trunn

OCC: What exactly do you want me to post about, Corny?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Cornflower MM

OOC: How about HELPING THE ABBESS OPEN THE GA"TE?!?!!!

BIC: Bryony scowled. "D'you know, Bryant, I do believe this cougar hasn't gotten it that I don't like being called little?" She said, then she ran up the gate and went in that way. She started helping the Abbess lift the bar. "Hello old friend! Would you like some help? Those two buffers don't seem to be. Say, where's the beasts I'm traveling with?" She remarked. Rosemary laughed at Bryony, "Hahaha! Oh Bryony! I see you haven't realized that the two beasts you just called buffers are the ones who you're going with! Almost there, Hup!"

The Skarzs

Argunath pushed the gate open further to allow his bulk in; the walls were thick, and the hugeness of the structure astounded him. Even from where he came from this was large. He clanked onto the lawns, catching the evil eye of many who were about; evidently the idea of having a cat in their midst was an unpleasant thought. He was probably no exception. He was wearing dark armor that had seen the blood of dozens of battles; at his side was a large, deadly re-curved sword claiming the blood of many. His massive hooked paws were clad in steel gauntlets, with the tips sharpened for deadly use, and his battle-worn face was made more sinister by the presence of long sharp fangs that stuck out the sides of his mouth. Oh dear, he thought. Trust for me will come slowly here.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Norham Waterpaw

Willow took his bearing as he was shoved out the gate. He nearly bowled over Bryony. He picked himself up, and dusted himself off. He shuffled awkwardly in the sandy path. "Um, ahem, I didn't know we were, um, traveling with anyone... else." He smiled, to let her know he wasn't angry about it, but he still felt terribly awkward.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

The Skarzs

Argunath turned around and addressed the abbess. "I'd like to speak to the creature in charge."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grag had waited until all his group was back together. Then he announced one last thing. "Yassen, open that side gate. I know we're here on a scouting mission, but we need to see how easily we can get in this place. Maybe even get a hostage, eh?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

"Well, think again, buddy! I thought that this sounded like heaps of fun. My life was getting a little too...monotonous. Oh, and one thing: I'd like to do the cooking, if you don't mind. Don't worry, I won't poison you. I'll take a test run tonight." Bryony said, quite friendly. "And next time, try not to knock me over, 'Kay?"
-------------
Rosemary drew herself up, and said, "I am the Motgher Abbess here. Who, pray, are you? Forgive if we do not trust you; We have cause to believe that a horde of cats like yourself mean to come here and take the Abbey."
----------------------------
Bryant ran out the gate and gave his older sister a hug. "stay safe, got that, grumpy bum? And I advise you two to let her do the cooking. She's quite good at it."
--------------------
The colonel swallowed, and replied to Paisley. "Aye, that S/he is. Wonder when s/he's going to feel it fit to come on down. We better take charge until then, eh old gel?"

Jukka the Sling

Paisley nodded. "Aye." She wasn't very talkative when she was eating.

OOC: What are Paisley and the colonel going to take charge of, exactly? :D I mean, there's nothing to boss the other Long Patrollers about.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

OOC: Well, there's always the Long Patrol Runners, and other Mountian business. Not to mention that there's some people coming from Redwall.

The Skarzs

Placing a gauntleted paw on his chestplate, Argunath bowed low. "Then I greet you; my name is Argunath, from the far western mountains, and I am honored to be in your home, Mother Abbess of Redwall. I understand your hesitation to trust; not many beasts as I ever have come to this land." His long tail twitched behind him. "My monstrous appearance is a burden in this land; but believe me when I say I will help, although I doubt any of them are from the land I come from, and will most likely be far different from me. I would like to offer my services in helping to protect and fortify this place; may I have your permission to look around and see what I can do?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Rosemary pressed her lips together, then spoke. "First thing for you to do is quit with the formalities. The next thing is: Look around to your hearts content. But remember to keep our rules, the main to never, ever hurt anyone here. Unless they mean harm, of course."

The Skarzs

"Many thanks. You have my word that I will hurt no beast lest they attack me first. Now that the formalities are over, I shall first take a look at the walls; I need to know any weak points to be watched for and taken care of. If your enemy finds them, then you will have trouble on your paws. Good day." The cougar turned and found the stairs leading up to the ramparts, taking them two at a time with his broad strides.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

"Good day to you too, Argunath." Rosemary called, but whether the cat heard her or not she didn't know, She shrugged and decided to go to the kitchens.