News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

[CRAFT] Art in Metal

Started by The Skarzs, October 10, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

oooooooooOOOOOOOoooooo fancy :D

You should try to make Martin the Warrior's sword!!!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

I can't say I haven't considered it, though it might be a couple of years before I do end up making it, let alone a sword. :D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Have you considered making a smaller scale version? Perhaps Martin's sword as a letter opener? That way it'd be size accurate, too!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Conrad the Painless

Man, Skarzs, you're so talented! I've tried blacksmith myself and found it to be quite hard!
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

The Skarzs

Quote from: Captain Tammo on November 13, 2014, 11:32:32 PM
Have you considered making a smaller scale version? Perhaps Martin's sword as a letter opener? That way it'd be size accurate, too!
Hadn't thought of that. . . Interesting.

Quote from: Conrad the Painless on November 13, 2014, 11:35:06 PM
Man, Skarzs, you're so talented! I've tried blacksmith myself and found it to be quite hard!
It takes a lot of practice and patience, and I've met people who've been blacksmithing for years and years and still claim that they're are always learning or improving.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Do you ever sell any of your works?

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

I'm getting to that point. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

Swords are hard. The difficulty of making something increases drastically when you decide it should be three feet long instead of one and a half.

Kukris are good. That one looks like a kukri, thus, it is good. Logic.

The Skarzs

Logic= Logical. Though, I had to make it look like a banana before I could start forging the bevel :P (the angle for the blade edge).

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 16, 2014, 11:18:18 PM
Swords are hard. The difficulty of making something increases drastically when you decide it should be three feet long instead of one and a half.
I would imagine so, which is why I am going to wait a while before I make a sword for the first time.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

What kind of sword do you think it'll be?

The Skarzs

You seen my picture of Argunath? It's that sword.

And here is the finished product of the kukri I've made for my brother for Christmas.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

Finished before Christmas  ;)

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

The Skarzs

Yup! Can't wait to see what he thinks of it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

So pwetty.  ^-^  (Seriously though, that's an awesome kukri.  I really like the look of the hilt.  :))
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Skarzs

Thanks! :D It's hand-carved out of oak, with a copper cap at the transition of wood to blade to keep it from splitting. The tang goes all the way through, and is tapped so I could bolt it tight onto itself. It's also filled with epoxy, so it's going nowhere. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.