News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Marvel (Comics, Movies, TV Shows)

Started by Søren, December 19, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

I went there. I dare to go where other men don't.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on March 18, 2018, 04:42:18 AM
Steve and Tony are both so dead and this trailer tells us that explicitly. Possibly Loki too. And while that's a little sad, I'm glad there are finally some proper stakes in these movies.

But who do you think will be the next Captain America? Bucky or Sam?
If Steve dies I will riot in the streets.  It would be awful to kill him now, when he's finally making a new life for himself, brought back his best friend, and moved on from Peggy enough to get a new girlfriend.  There's so much more of his story to be told.

I'll be saddened if Loki dies, but at the same time I'll be somewhat happy with it as long as he dies sacrificing himself for someone else (and actually dies this time, no cop-outs).  Also, it would be cool if he actually apologized to Thor and everyone for everything that happened in the first Avengers movie.  (I do subscribe to the theory that he was partly under the scepter's control.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

I wouldn't mind if Bucky, or Hawk-Eye died. Hopefully Bucky dies, but I doubt it.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

Regardless of whether or not Steve dies, either Infinity War or Avengers 4 will be his last movie, since Chris Evans' contract is ending and he doesn't want to renew it.

So he's definitely going to die because they're not going to waste that opportunity. Also anyone as physically weak as Steve who tries to have a fistfight with Thanos is dead. Tony is a bit more up in the air, but the trailer pretty much tells us he's gonna die ("I hope they'll remember you" *Immediately cut to a shot of Tony*) so meh.

The Loki thing is merely an extrapolation of the clues - Thanos is forcing Thor to watch something - Loki being killed by the Black Order? Or maybe Heimdall if it's him who has the Soul Stone.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Lady Amber

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on March 19, 2018, 05:00:47 PM
The Loki thing is merely an extrapolation of the clues - Thanos is forcing Thor to watch something - Loki being killed by the Black Order? Or maybe Heimdall if it's him who has the Soul Stone.
I had a theory that maybe Thanos is holding Thor as hostage, so to speak, in exchange for the Tesseract, which Loki has. Because it shows Thanos grabbing Thor's head and then cuts to Loki, who's standing in what looks like the same area where the dead Asgardians are on the ground and where he's holding the Tesseract up in the first trailer. So I wondered if Loki has to exchange the Tesseract for Thor. I dunno, just an idea.

Quote from: Delthion on March 19, 2018, 01:51:21 PM
I wouldn't mind if Bucky, or Hawk-Eye died. Hopefully Bucky dies, but I doubt it.
What do you have against Bucky?

Delthion

I hate his character more than I dislike all of the villains of the marvel shows that I've seen combined.

Mainly because his superpower is a metal arm...yay...if people shoot at my arm like idiots then I will be fine, but if they aim at any other area I will die.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Maudie

I mean, he also has elite assassin's training and super-strength like Captain America, sooo...

And you dislike him because he has a lame superpower? I mean, if you're gonna dislike him at least dislike him for his personality instead of something that he had no control over...
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Delthion

I also dislike him for that. But that is my biggest gripe with him. I just dislike his entire essence. ;D

He's basically the character in a bad TV show that died, but then the writers thought of something for that character, so they randomly bring him back to life.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Amber

Quote from: Delthion on March 19, 2018, 11:28:32 PM
I hate his character more than I dislike all of the villains of the marvel shows that I've seen combined.

Mainly because his superpower is a metal arm...yay...if people shoot at my arm like idiots then I will be fine, but if they aim at any other area I will die.
I agree with what Maudie said. He has super strength and stuff, and what you're saying could be said for Steve, then. "Yay, if people shoot at my shield like idiots then I will be fine, but if they aim at any other area I will die." And it's not like the rest of the Avengers can't be killed, either. Tony can be killed, though his suit helps protect him, Natasha can be killed, Wanda, Clint, etc.

And what's so bad about Bucky's personality?

Ashleg

We are learning about WWII at school and watched a clip of Captain America in class.

Lady Amber

The Skarzs

Quote from: Ashleg on March 20, 2018, 03:03:03 AM
We are learning about WWII at school and watched a clip of Captain America in class.
An example of how the American youth are learning fake history.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Bruh it's Captain America...I know it's fake...