Marvel (Comics, Movies, TV Shows)

Started by Søren, December 19, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Yeah, baby Leia and Luke in Revenge of the Sith were played by the same baby boy (the kid of someone who worked on the movie).
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Like I said, I actually meant toddlers. And male toddlers and female toddlers do not look alike. And if it was to play Wanda and Pietro, why did they ask specifically for boys rather than twins in general?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

SoranMBane

I'm pretty happy with the thing I got today:

Spoiler

[close]

The first thing me and my boyfriend did was watch the movie with the commentary track (which was with the director and the production designer). Tomorrow I'll probably tear into all those juicy special features. ;D

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on May 17, 2018, 12:00:00 AM
Like I said, I actually meant toddlers. And male toddlers and female toddlers do not look alike. And if it was to play Wanda and Pietro, why did they ask specifically for boys rather than twins in general?
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, in that case, it does sound convincing.

@SoranMBane  Ooh, niiiiice! ;D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Here is a video summing up why Doctor Doom is not only one of the greatest things to come out of comic books, but also one of, if not the best, most metal character in all of fiction.
swearing (including in the title)

[close]

He's just so completely absurd he'd fit perfectly into the MCU. "What? Use the door? Like a peasant?"

On that topic, who/what from comics/other non MCU MARVEL media do you guys want to see in the MCU?

I definitely want to see Nova and the Nova Corps. But, unpopular opinion time, I'd rather it be Sam Alexander than Rich Rider. It's much easier to explain Sam's backstory, plus they need to cast young characters who can carry the franchise for a while. They already want to do Ms Marvel (that's Kamala Khan, not to be confused with Captain Marvel Carol Danvers who used to be Ms Marvel) and they've hinted at the existence of Miles Morales in Homecoming, so adding in Sam Alexander as Nova would make sense as it could continue to set up Champions.

And even if it's not the MCU, what MARVEL things would you want to see adapted in any medium. Movies, TV, cartoons, animated movies, whatever you like.

The Skarzs

Yeah. . . problem is, they (other people) already tried in Fantastic 4, and people may not want "yet another reboot". However, it may turn out very cool if the MCU could do it well. He's freaking awesome, though.

As far as other Marvel characters/stories I'd want to see, honestly I can't say. Stuff including the X-men would be cool, stuff with AIM as another organization. . . There is so much stuff. And a lot of it may be difficult to adapt to movie format, especially. The Celestials, the many run-ins with Galactus, the Kree, return of Ultron (but made cooler). . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

@Jetthebinturong  Just gonna leave this Doom comic snippet here
Violent & Infinty War spoilers

[close]

I'm retired from the forum

Jetthebinturong

I love Doom so much.

Doom's opponent: "I can take you!"
Doom: *Casually tears his skeleton out*
"That appears untrue."

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 21, 2018, 12:44:42 AM
Yeah. . . problem is, they (other people) already tried in Fantastic 4, and people may not want "yet another reboot". However, it may turn out very cool if the MCU could do it well. He's freaking awesome, though.

As far as other Marvel characters/stories I'd want to see, honestly I can't say. Stuff including the X-men would be cool, stuff with AIM as another organization. . . There is so much stuff. And a lot of it may be difficult to adapt to movie format, especially. The Celestials, the many run-ins with Galactus, the Kree, return of Ultron (but made cooler). . .
You don't necessarily have to do a Fantastic Four to do Doom. Sure he first appeared in their comics, but he's more of an Avengers villain now, and his origin, contrary to what the other movies would have you believe, has nothing to do with the F4.

"The Marvel Cosmic Universe" seems to be where they're going with the MCU, so Celestials, kree and Galactus may not be as implausible as they seem. I believe Feige has said they want to do an Eternals movie. Galactus is currently a Fox property however, and it's been confirmed that none of the current planned films deal with the Fox properties.

EDIT: So I just found out who the villain for the next Spider-Man movie will be, and who's playing him. And it's Jake Gyllenhall as Mysterio. I think I speak for everyone when I say if they don't go full fishbowl costume I'm boycotting this movie. I want him to look exactly like this:

On that note there was something I wanted from the MCU that I forgot to mention. I want Zemo to break out of prison somehow, and I want him in his full purple outfit, with a sword. Maybe they could do a Masters of Evil movie and a more comic-based Zemo could be in that.
For those that don't know, in the comics, Zemo looks something like this:

He's cleverer than movie Zemo, and he's also a sword-wielding maniac, who for reasons unknown to me wears a full purple bodysuit with what is basically a sock for a mask. And that to me is infinitely cooler than the Zemo we got in Civil War. I want purple bodysuit Zemo on my screen like yesterday. It's not as if that's the most ridiculous costume in comics, and they did Loki and Hela's stupid helmets (that I love, don't get me wrong) so I don't see why they can't put Zemo in a purple bodysuit.

Also I want them to get into MARVEL UK. Merlin. Captain Britain. Black Knight. The Ebony Blade. It's just insane, but it would allow them to do more with magic. So far they've only got Wanda's Chaos Magic and Doctor Strange to represent that side of the MARVEL universe. Delving into MARVEL UK is the perfect opportunity to add more.

Hickory

Jet asked about non-MCU media that I'd like to see added. I, for one, really like the Great Lakes Avengers (despite the presence of such endearing characters as "Big Bertha" and "Flatman")

Mr. Immortal
The leader of the GLA, Mr. Immortal, is, well, immortal. However, it's not the same sort of healing factor present in Wolverine, but rather a guaranteed immortality, so when he's tried to kill himself multiple times in multiple ways, he always survives.

Taken from the Wikipedia page:
QuoteHe has recovered from being shot, suffocated, stabbed, drowned, crushed, starved, dehydrated, exploded, poisoned, decapitated, irradiated, and incinerated... His body will never rot or age.

He's not even the traditional mutant that the others are, that is, the next step in human evolution, he's technically the final step in human evolution, and will be the one around at the end of the universe, and the one to whom its secret will be revealed.

There's also the one and only Doorman, who can create portals through walls, but only into the next room over... by tapping into the Darkforce. And he can fly and collect the souls of the recently deceased.

I'm sure that other members of the group have their merits, but Mr. Immortal is the big and important one. (He also has a bunch of blonde hair that makes me think of Buddy/Incrediboy... but I digress.)
[close]
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

SoranMBane

The Skarzs

Quote from: Hickory on May 22, 2018, 03:14:14 AM
Jet asked about non-MCU media that I'd like to see added. I, for one, really like the Great Lakes Avengers (despite the presence of such endearing characters as "Big Bertha" and "Flatman")

Mr. Immortal
The leader of the GLA, Mr. Immortal, is, well, immortal. However, it's not the same sort of healing factor present in Wolverine, but rather a guaranteed immortality, so when he's tried to kill himself multiple times in multiple ways, he always survives.

Taken from the Wikipedia page:
He's not even the traditional mutant that the others are, that is, the next step in human evolution, he's technically the final step in human evolution, and will be the one around at the end of the universe, and the one to whom its secret will be revealed.

There's also the one and only Doorman, who can create portals through walls, but only into the next room over... by tapping into the Darkforce. And he can fly and collect the souls of the recently deceased.

I'm sure that other members of the group have their merits, but Mr. Immortal is the big and important one. (He also has a bunch of blonde hair that makes me think of Buddy/Incrediboy... but I digress.)
[close]
So, Mr. Immortal is basically Marvel's Vandall Savage.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Vandal is a caveman imbued with the power of immortality and genius level intellect by some sort of meteor. I don't think they equate.

The Skarzs

Well, they can't exactly do a copy-paste of him.
Vandal can't die either, no matter what.

I'm just thinking of the other correlations between some of the DC and Marvel heroes and villains. Most of them are not copies, but there are enough similarities to make them "equivalents."

DC: Superman - Marvel: Gladiator, Hyperion, the Sentry.
DC: Flash - Marvel: Quicksilver
DC: Steel - Marvel: Iron Man

The list goes on.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Chipster of Noonvale

Jukka the Sling

That's hilarious and adorable. :D

I found this amazing MCU tribute the other day and I've watched it quite a few times since.