Marvel (Comics, Movies, TV Shows)

Started by Søren, December 19, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

You're literally the only person with that opinion. Most superhero fans, and even some critics, consider Infinity War a complete triumph. Which it was.

Spoiler

Also, not liking a film because the bad guy wins is just... ridiculous? Especially one that's part of a series.
[close]
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Shadow of Korriban

I really wish Wolverine and the X-Men wasn't canceled. It was such a good show.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Jetthebinturong

Wolverine and the X-Men is basically what got me into MARVEL. (At the same time, The Batman got me into DC). That show was great. I think I can trace Nightcrawler being one of my favourite characters back to that show.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Shadow of Korriban

One of the worst Marvel shows in my opinion was Avengers Assemble. It just didn't live up to it's predecessor.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

The Skarzs

It was okay for a couple seasons, but got more and more "ADD" appealing, I feel, later on.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Shadow of Korriban

Also, Tony Stark's voice was grating to the ears.

Delthion

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on January 18, 2019, 07:45:27 PM
You're literally the only person with that opinion. Most superhero fans, and even some critics, consider Infinity War a complete triumph. Which it was.

Spoiler

Also, not liking a film because the bad guy wins is just... ridiculous? Especially one that's part of a series.
[close]

Actually, my entire family agrees with me. Which is surprising to me because my sister is a Marvel fanatic.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Shadow of Korriban

I personally don't like Thor Ragnarok. There was way to much out of place humor. :P

The Shadow of Korriban

Delthion

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on January 18, 2019, 07:45:27 PM

Spoiler

[close]

And I figured out why I don't like it. It uses the Deus Ex Machina with bringing in Captain Marvel, at least it does, in my opinion.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Except that's kind of an afterthought. . . In my opinion, if it was truly Deus ex machina then it would have been done during the main movie, instead of after the credits. (Right? It's been a while since I have seen it.) I haven't seen Captain Marvel, but what I got out of it is that it was just a way to bring in another character.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

I suppose. To me it was just, "Oh no, all of the superheroes of earth lost and universal doom was given, time to bring in an
all-powerful superhero to save the day."

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Grey Coincidence

Except I don't think Marvel is stupid enough to turn Carol into a Deux Ex Machina- just because she's coming doesn't automatically mean that the world is saved. If she comes in and solos Thanos then yeah, she counts as one but I don't really see that happening so I don't think it's fair to say she's a Deux Ex Machina.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Jukka the Sling

I'm going to be seeing Endgame on Tuesday evening after work, and I'm excited and terrified.  I'm also really really hoping that this meme I saw on Pinterest earlier wasn't a death spoiler.

Has anyone seen it yet?  (NO SPOILERS!)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien