News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

That ___ moment when...

Started by Søren, April 06, 2015, 09:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

I'm sure that's a reference, I just don't understand it.

That irritating moment when you're waiting for someone to post and "who's online" says they're posting and then they log out.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Eulaliaaa!

That "oops" moment when you realize you just ate half the carton of ice cream, and your mom's always complaining about how thin you are and how much junk food you eat, so you just slowly put it back in the freezer like, "What? Me? Ice cream? Nah, I don't eat that stuff!"  ;D

That funny moment when there's a fly on your bed, so you take your machete and happily rid yourself of it.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Søren

@Machete
•_•

That horrific moment when you realize there's a tiny scratch in your phone's screen, just deep enough for it to look like a paper thin rainbow.

I'm retired from the forum

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Rainshadow on August 19, 2015, 03:09:52 AM
  That awkward moment when you become the French son of two people who are younger than you.

What is a French son?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jetthebinturong

A son that is French, presumably.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Mhera

That shocking moment when you're trying to swipe your phone open while listening to music, and your thumb lands on the volume control bar.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on August 28, 2015, 01:19:35 AM
I'm sure that's a reference, I just don't understand it.

Ahahaha... it's not a reference.  Weird things happen in drama camp.  :P

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on August 28, 2015, 11:27:36 AM
Quote from: Rainshadow on August 19, 2015, 03:09:52 AM
  That awkward moment when you become the French son of two people who are younger than you.

What is a French son?
Quote from: Jetthebinturong on August 28, 2015, 02:32:51 PM
A son that is French, presumably.

Correctamundo!  Story time:  So, my friends in drama camp are a family of sorts.  One of my friends is the dad, another is the mom, and they have several children (one of which is imaginary; me and the "dad" friend made it up when we were trying to remember the name of Steve Carlsberg (yes, I forgot his name)).  The last day of camp comes around and my friends are taking a family picture.  I asked if I could join the picture as the awkward dude who randomly showed up to the family picture, and the "dad" friend went:  "Yeah, you can be in the picture!  You're now our son."  As he said this, his "daughter" held a finger up to her lip like a mustache to emphasize me being a dude, but it just made me think of the stereotypical French pencil 'stache thing, so I held up my finger like the "daughter" and went:  "Ah, yes, I am ze French son!  Hon hon hon!  Baguette!"  (Don't ask about the baguette; it's a long story involving a conversation between me and my "dad".)  And then I was the French son.  The French son of two people who are younger than me.  (Although, both are taller than me, so I guess they have that going for them.)

That awkward moment when you tell a really weird, kinda long story in a thread having nothing to do with telling stories.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Skarzs

Whoa this is old.
That "yay!" moment when you see a squirrel desperately trying to cross the road while you're driving and you're rooting for it as you watch it jump back from an oncoming car, then cheer inwardly as you see it sprint across and into the ditch with one final tremendous bound.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

That "curious" moment when you realize how much time you spend with your dog after seeing that every time you see a rabbit, squirrel or the like you think; "Kill".
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

That painful moment when you're eating hot pizza and you burn the front roof of your mouth and end up with shredded, dangly tissue for the next three days.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Søren

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on June 15, 2017, 04:03:02 PM
That painful moment when you're eating hot pizza and you burn the front roof of your mouth and end up with shredded, dangly tissue for the next three days.
As my mother never ceases to note, a woman got third degree burns and had to have surgery that way.

I'm retired from the forum

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Maudie

That embarrassing moment when your brother has been away from home with no means of contact besides email for over two months and you've sent him like, two emails in that time.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

Meh. :P

Quote from: Søren on June 17, 2017, 03:16:18 AM
As my mother never ceases to note, a woman got third degree burns and had to have surgery that way.
o_O
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

Quote from: Søren on June 17, 2017, 03:16:18 AM

This is true I was the surgery.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3