News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Kitsune

If I wanted to hold an art competition, where would I post it? I ask only because every contest that I remember was not in the art thread, but somewhere else (I am almost positive).

The Skarzs

Umm, I'm getting this really weird thing at the top of my page when I'm at any board or topic other than the main hub. It says:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home3/redwall2/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

This has never happened before and I'm a bit concerned. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

^Me too
Is actually come up as an error message as well, and it's come up in the header with three of those messages at the same time.

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

Likewise. Looks like Firedrake is getting it too. I wonder how many people are.

Wait. . . Don't all three of us use Macs?
:[
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BadgerLordFiredrake

It doesn't have anything to do with our computers.

It's because we're using SMF 1.X, and the version of PHP we're using is probably ancient (below 5.5, and latest is 6).

Honestly unless the admins have SSH access it's not something that'll be fixed easily.
baby turtle forever

Izeroth

The BBC tags seem to have been rearranged:

The Skarzs

That hasn't happened to me. :P

And I can't help but chuckle at this. Look at us all running amuck like a bunch of headless chickens.
XD XP
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

@Iz
That's happened to me on and off for my entire tenure here.

I'm retired from the forum

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Vilu Daskar

When I look at someone else's profile I see something that says "Add to Buddy list," is this just something from the backup thing?
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Groddil

If you add someone to your buddy list, when one of then joins, down the bottom it'll say something like: "5 users connected, one buddy, and their name is bolded. Probably just a convenience.

Rusvul

Some text is appearing with non-alphabetic symbols in place of letters. The most easily referenceable occurance of this is Perifaen's username, which reads Perifæn. I don't recall any instances of this before the website crashed- Is this a result of that, or an issue on my end?

The Skarzs

Happens for both me and her; she had to find a post she made and copy her name to paste it in the login box.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

Pretty sure we all are seeing the same bugs (and more bugs on top of that). At least the forum is back. Hopefully the fixes will be made soon.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!