News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Who do you think should have got married

Started by Mad Maudie, September 23, 2011, 12:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad Maudie

normally when i make a book and have two get married when i right about there daughter i usually aether make one of them or both die off   
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Folgrimeo

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on September 26, 2011, 09:09:59 AMAnd what is your username on the Long Patrol Forums?
Same as mine is here, Folgrimeo.

Quote from: Dotti on September 27, 2011, 02:53:16 AMOnce main creatures get married, they're not free to carry on the adventures that Redwall is all about.
Yup. One of the common ways in which something can "jump the shark" is when two characters get married. Usually it's because they can't use marrying as a source of drama anymore, but I recognized it could apply to Redwall characters by changing them so they no longer go on quests. Similar thing to making someone king or giving someone what they always wanted. In "Marlfox", it's obvious Mokkan was aiming to become the last Marlfox standing. All throughout the book I was hoping he wouldn't accomplish that (if he did at all) until the end, because I liked him too much and knew that if he became king, he would change. So I'm with you in that if anyone should get married (since it's still a satisfying event), it should happen at the end when they're ready to bow out of the series for good. Or you know, get married and then have a kid take up the next quest.

Mad Maudie

yes i agree i normally have them get married at the end then write about there kid but they normally are already dead. 
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

winifred

Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Mad Maudie

Quote from: winifred on September 28, 2011, 11:14:48 PM
Quote from: Log-a-Log on September 23, 2011, 10:35:15 PM
I always thought Mariel and Dandin were going to get married
me too!

well it does not say that they did not get married it just does not say they did but i believe they did
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Tiria Wildlough

I just read a fanfic on fanfiction.net about Tiria and Leatho. No offense to the author, but I feel like throwing up. :( :(
It's a good piece of writing, but at first I didn't want to read it in case I needed a bucket. :P :( But I reckon it's worth putting a link here:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3908719/1/The_bOutlaw_b_and_the_bRhulain_b
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Plugg Firetail

The question is not"Would they get married" its "How they would have got married.Leatho is a sea otter and Tiria is a river otter.

Mad Maudie

they still could get married and eww that is just gross altho i did want them to get married
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Folgrimeo

*scratches head* Not sure how that was throw-up worthy, seemed okay to me (if short). If it's the idea of a sea otter and river otter getting married and having a family, I'm not seeing a big difference between the two (I never care to distinguish which is which, I think of all otters being the same thing). If it's the kiss, well, that seemed pretty tame as far as kisses go.

Mad Maudie

sure but i bet you are an adult no offense  ;D ;D ;D and i guess it was ok compared to some of the love novels i read 
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Lutra

I don't see how being an adult would make the scene any less.....appealing?  I didn't find anything odd about it.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Folgrimeo

Might be the old belief of cooties or the idea that romantic stuff or kissing is disgusting. And if you feel that way, well, you don't have to read that fanfiction if you don't want to. The Redwall series is pretty good about implying romance without having to go that far (that is, when they hint at any romance). I thought the scene in that fanfiction was vague enough, but Redwall's much more subtle than that. Subtle would actually be preferable.

Mad Maudie

What i mean is that grown ups are more used to kissing
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Nightfire

I personally believe that there is no physical difference between River and Sea Otters, and the names just stem from location of where they live.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Mad Maudie

Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~