News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Profile Picture Above Me

Started by Tiria Wildlough, October 07, 2011, 07:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhera

Wylder Treejumper

...Yeah. The United States has never had a national military flag. Military flags were carried by regiment and unit. Military ships flew the ensign of the United States Navy along with the national flag to distinguish themselves, much in the same way military colorguards carry the flag of the branch of service they belong to. When the original flag was created, it was regulated to have 13 5-pointed stars on a blue field "to symbolize a new constellation". The organization of the stars was not set. The colors red, white and blue were from the British Flag of the Union, or Union Jack.

Besides having studied U.S. History, I am also in the Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps, and have studied military history including uniforms and ensigns back to 1775, the year the Marine Cops was formed. That flag is not a legitimate ensign of the United States of America, in peace or war, at any time in its history. The only similar flag is the ensign of the U.S. Coast Guard:

*sigh* Back on track. Er, what exactly is the otter doing? It's either laughing or dead...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Mhera

Thanks for the more thorough explanation :)

Pioneers pulling stuff in snow!

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on July 17, 2015, 03:59:34 AM
Er, what exactly is the otter doing? It's either laughing or dead...
It's licking a window...

The Skarzs

Doesn't look like it. :P Looks more like it's rolling around on its back like a puppy.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Wylder Treejumper

I have no idea who that is...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

His name is apparently Sean Hawthorn.

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

I don't get it.

But Soren, with your thing, did a blade break the sky?

Izeroth

Søren

Quote from: Delthion on July 17, 2015, 03:18:36 PM
I don't get it.

But Soren, with your thing, did a blade break the sky?
No.

@Iz
Looks like a bad dude.

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

Oh, I don't think you got it...

Anyway, if a blade broke the sky, then it was in the sky and would have to be called Skyblade! ;D ;D

Cornflower MM

Old guy on a cart. . . Is that a lady with a pipe?

Delthion

No, that is Michaleen Oge Flinn. Not sure of the middle name, but he is a he. ;D ;D

Much colours, such flag.

Cornflower MM