News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Last Person to Post Wins III

Started by Groddil, April 13, 2016, 02:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

*Et cetera ;D
There is also Celtic influence if I'm not mistaken.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Sebias of Redwall

Tch tch, I leave for five minutes and you all start talking about boring stuff like languages...  ;)

Quote from: Booklover on November 09, 2019, 09:41:17 AM
Although even we argue about some pronunciations.

Scone (rhymes with gone) or scone (rhymes with cone) for example.
I prefer it rhyming with cone personally. *Shrugs*
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ach, it lookz loike tiz a major toime fer me tae zay zummat, zince Ah am takin' a Linguizticz clazz...

Tae ze queztion o' vot iz 'Proper' Englizh (along viz 'Proper' ozer languagez), zere iz really nay zuch zing. Ze (incorrect) belief zat vone zpeakin' o' a language iz more proper, zuperior, lezz-proper, inferior, und etc. iz kenned az "Prezcriptavizm". A good example o' ziz iz ze very common correction given vhen ye are learnin' Englizh clazzez at ze young yearz, ze 'Vho' v.s 'Vhom' dizagreement. Anozer iz ze vord "Ain't". Actually boz Vho und Vhom are boz correct formez o' Englizh und grammatically correct, und loikevoize viz Ain't. Zere iz nae vone, 'correct vay tae zpeak it. Zere are Accentz und Dialectz.

'Accent' und 'Dialect' tend tae be uzed interchangeably, but ze official definitionz are zeze.
'Accentz' are ze vayz ze language iz pronounced und zpoken und 'ov ze grammar iz ordered vhen it iz zpoken by zomebeazt vho iz nae a native zpeaker o' it. In ozer vordz, zomevone vho'z firzt language iz zummat elze (loike French, Zpanizh, Russian, etc.) und vho'z learned ziz vone zometoime later on. Examplez o' ziz can be zpeakerz vho dinnae uze vordz loike 'To' und 'The', becauze in zeir native language zey dinnae 'ave zoze, und zentencez bein' in a different order becauze zey're uzed tae zeir native format.
'Dialectz' are ze different verzionz o' a language zpoken by native zpeakerz o' ziz language. Und vhen beingz are taught ze language az children, zey are taught ziz or zat vay in vote'er ze teacher(s)'z Dialect iz. Examplez o' Dialectz are zingz loike Scotch-Englizh, Irish-Englizh, Nev Zealand-Englizh, Auztralian-Englizh, und etc. None o' zem iz more or lezz Englizh zan any o' ze ozerz. Zey're av juzt different Dialectz o' it.

Und zat iz me lang pozt fer ze day!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

Yeah, that's actually very true. We were just having fun enjoying a completely pointless argument. (It was fun for me, anyway)

However, there was something said that is not true and I cannot leave it to cause havoc.
Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on November 10, 2019, 01:43:32 AM
Tch tch, I leave for five minutes and you all start talking about boring stuff like languages...  ;)
LANGUAGES ARE NOT BORING!!!
There are a lot of stuff in this world that are boring but language is definitely not one of them.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Error. Error. Cannot compute.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Verdauga

The only person that can really refute her on this is........ Mathluk? Maybe?

Quote from: The Skarzs on November 09, 2019, 11:37:47 PM
*Et cetera ;D
There is also Celtic influence if I'm not mistaken.
Are you adding on to the et sequens?
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

shisteer of nothing much

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

shisteer of nothing much

Yay! *doesn't throw any chairs at Skarzs because he didn't like it last time*

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

shisteer of nothing much

*bows deeply* It wasn't a problem.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

*Throws chairs at Skarzs*  This is how we celebrate, right?
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!