News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

What position do you sing?

Started by Redwall Musician, October 27, 2011, 05:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What position do you sing?

Soprano
8 (25.8%)
Alto
6 (19.4%)
Bass
5 (16.1%)
Tenor
9 (29%)
Baritone
3 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Melody

I'm a  soprano, I can sing as high as Christine in phantom of the opera.

Bragoon

I sing Bass. 
I have just over a two-octave range, and a bad habit of singing an octave too low when the music strays up into the higher notes.  My music teacher/choir director tells me off for that.   

"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Ceteruler

I sing Bass as well.

In the mornings, I can sing as low as two D's or two E's below middle C, but in the evening I can't get below two F's below middle C.

I can only sing up to the E or F above Middle C.

Lily

Quote from: Melody on January 13, 2012, 01:17:42 PM
I'm a  soprano, I can sing as high as Christine in phantom of the opera.
A high E? That's pretty impressive!

Melody

I usually practiced in the shower,  I tried for weeks until I reached the note. ;D And my grandpa loves it!

Tiria Wildlough

Is there anyone who sings contralto? (Actually, I think that's just an old fashioned word for tenor.)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

I thought contralto was the lowest female voice? I think males who can reach the contralto range are called countertenors.

Lord Deathblade

Alto, though my piano/voice teacher says I should be a tenor by this fall.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Lily on March 15, 2012, 07:08:25 AM
I thought contralto was the lowest female voice? I think males who can reach the contralto range are called countertenors.
It is the lowest female voice. My mum has a pretty low voice...
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on March 16, 2012, 05:52:40 AM
Quote from: Lily on March 15, 2012, 07:08:25 AM
It is the lowest female voice. My mum has a pretty low voice...
Sorry, what I was trying to say is I don't think tenor and contralto are the same thing. :P Can't sentence properly any more.

Nightfire

I sing alto, I can sing high-pitched, though. But it hurts my throat to do so. Hey, should someone alter that poll to include baritone as one of the options?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Nightfire on March 16, 2012, 01:52:55 PM
I sing alto, I can sing high-pitched, though. But it hurts my throat to do so. Hey, should someone alter that poll to include baritone as one of the options?

Done. I forgot about them when I made the poll.  :-\
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Nightfire

Awesome! :) Y'know, hares and squirrels tend to always be tenors, while badgers and moles are almost always bass.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This