News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

Rusvul

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on August 06, 2012, 10:52:15 AM
Quote from: Gears on May 12, 2012, 06:42:42 PM
Quote from: Latna on May 12, 2012, 06:32:35 PM
Camp Tussock is also pretty much finished. If anybody can think of some more places that they'd like to see when we go live, give a shout. =) Also, is it time to do a new run of screenshots...?
Darn Right it is! Screenies of every location! (the big ones, at least.)
Edit: Have the screenshots!
Redwall:

Brockhall:

Loamhedge:

Sampetra (unfinished roof.):

Arfship (my fav ;D)

LogBoats:

Noonvale:

St Ninians:

Salamandastron:

Castle Marl:

The Green Hedgehog island thing:

That's pretty much all i'm gonna include, because i want our players to explore, and find new things. :)

Redwall should be orange, try making it out of orange wool

There are a lot of problems with Arfship
1. It's supposed to be the front end not the back
2. It's supposed to be red
3. It's supposed to have a spike at front
4. There are supposed to be more tall rocks
picky, picky! if u want, i can make a texturepack that makes sandstone red if you like. and as for the errors on arfship: who cares! its minecraft! the world is made of blocks! accuracy is ,ah, shall we say, quite low, on the accuracomiter. (newly coined word :D) so i dont think the small errors matter a lot. its still arf' a ship.

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Gears

[/quote]

Redwall should be orange, try making it out of orange wool

There are a lot of problems with Arfship
1. It's supposed to be the front end not the back
2. It's supposed to be red
3. It's supposed to have a spike at front
4. There are supposed to be more tall rocks
[/quote]picky, picky! if u want, i can make a texturepack that makes sandstone red if you like. and as for the errors on arfship: who cares! its minecraft! the world is made of blocks! accuracy is ,ah, shall we say, quite low, on the accuracomiter. (newly coined word :D) so i dont think the small errors matter a lot. its still arf' a ship.
[/quote]
Nice response! I think i've already dealt with this, we WILL make the iron spike, but you don't have to make a texture pack if you don't want to. You look like you'll become a very valuable member of this server. :)
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Snowwolf

I am so mad I just finished all the books and the server isn't updated! I really want to come on soon! Just tell me if there is anything you want me to make when its updated! Also, since minecraft is gonna have the mod API soon I could try to make a weapons mod that adds more bows, swords, knives, and other sorts of items.
"Weapons may be carried by creatures who are evil, dishonest, violent or lazy. The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds.
- Matthias from "Mattimeo

W0NWILL

There's already a mod for that, though we probably won't put any mods in, because everyone will need it.

Rusvul

if u do put in a weapons mod, DO NOT USE BALKONS WEAPONS! USE BATTLEGEAR! it adds dual wielding, meaning u can have like a pick and a torch, or a sword and a shield, or two swords. or other epic stuff like that. and i will probably make a texturpack, should i change a diamond sword to martin's sword? also, what u guys doing for the tapestry? i could make the largest painting the martin's tapestry. its not that hard, actually.

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on August 21, 2012, 06:52:48 PM
if u do put in a weapons mod, DO NOT USE BALKONS WEAPONS! USE BATTLEGEAR! it adds dual wielding, meaning u can have like a pick and a torch, or a sword and a shield, or two swords. or other epic stuff like that. and i will probably make a texturpack, should i change a diamond sword to martin's sword? also, what u guys doing for the tapestry? i could make the largest painting the martin's tapestry. its not that hard, actually.
Sorry, we probably won't. It'd be WAY too difficult to have everyone have that mod, and it would interfere with other people's servers. And it's just one more thing we have to update. And it's super hard already, since poor latna has to update 2000 plugins. :-\

psybox

and as for martin's sword for diamond sword, there are multiple diamonds, but only one martin's sword.

Snowwolf

with the new mod API for mine craft it is just take the file and put it in the plugins folder but that isn't coming til 1.4 but it will be super easy to install.
"Weapons may be carried by creatures who are evil, dishonest, violent or lazy. The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds.

Rusvul

Quote from: psybox on August 21, 2012, 08:01:11 PM
and as for martin's sword for diamond sword, there are multiple diamonds, but only one martin's sword.
i can understand that. 2000 plugins? im assuming that isnt literal, but still, whoa! that seems a bit overkill-ish.

Snowwolf

Gears. If you look up the mod API for 1.4 you will see how easy it is. Just do a little research for me please.

Gears

Quote from: Snowwolf on August 22, 2012, 02:57:18 PM
Gears. If you look up the mod API for 1.4 you will see how easy it is. Just do a little research for me please.
I've heard of the api, but that means EVERYONE who join the server will have to have the api. We want people just to be able to hop on, and not worry if they have their mods right.

Snowwolf

yes but the API comes with minecraft so its not true modding when you post it just say "you need the (put the mod(s) here) mod. Put them in the plugins folder and your good" It is super easy.

SpiderMonkey

People don't want to download mods just to play on a server.  It's a major pain to switch around your mods every single time you go on a server.