News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Quote from: mgsfool on July 20, 2013, 10:49:25 PM
Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 20, 2013, 07:46:15 PM
I want to build a structure from the book. I may go fix sampetrs's walls and taverns since they got deleted in the rollback. Can someone set up a warp to terramort?

Also no mining in minecraft?! I'm a bit confused with the reasoning of that. Can you explain?
Rollback?

A rollback is the term used to describe reuploading the server (an older, saved version of it) because of various reasons such as someone destroying major structures or the server suddenly crashes, etc. when this happens, since the uploaded file is older, some newer buildings are lost :'(
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

mgsfool

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 21, 2013, 05:38:43 AM
Quote from: mgsfool on July 20, 2013, 10:49:25 PM
Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 20, 2013, 07:46:15 PM
I want to build a structure from the book. I may go fix sampetrs's walls and taverns since they got deleted in the rollback. Can someone set up a warp to terramort?

Also no mining in minecraft?! I'm a bit confused with the reasoning of that. Can you explain?
Rollback?

A rollback is the term used to describe reuploading the server (an older, saved version of it) because of various reasons such as someone destroying major structures or the server suddenly crashes, etc. when this happens, since the uploaded file is older, some newer buildings are lost :'(
I know just when was it rolled back? Though I do thank you for the description. :)
I believe strongly in eye for an eye don't you agree.

Dannflower Reguba

Just a suggestion, if you've been working on something, try saving the world every 15 mins or so, it only takes a few seconds, and your work should be safe.

So are we basically placing the players in adventure mode? We'll have to set up a lot of self-replenishing chests if we do something like that.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on July 22, 2013, 03:00:30 AM
Just a suggestion, if you've been working on something, try saving the world every 15 mins or so, it only takes a few seconds, and your work should be safe.

So are we basically placing the players in adventure mode? We'll have to set up a lot of self-replenishing chests if we do something like that.
Yeah, that's a good idea. Type /save-all to do so. About the adventure mode, I have a plugin I'm working on implementing called phatloots. Rusvul showed me it, it's super cool. So loot in chests will replenish, and also the kit selection board at spawn only allows 1 kit every 30 minutes, same with the loot, so you can't spam it.
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

W0NWILL

Sampetra mark III is done, more or less. I also added battlements to Redwall and expanded the bat mountpit.

Gears

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 22, 2013, 07:28:42 PM
Sampetra mark III is done, more or less. I also added battlements to Redwall and expanded the bat mountpit.
Awesome job! What's next on the list? Lemme see....

Terramort! It's been worked on a lot, so this one will be much shorter. Tell me when you guys are on, and I'll join you. :D

Gears

Dannflower Reguba

Gears, is there a way that you can pick and choose mobs to be allowed on the server? Because I personally think that some of the mobs would still fit pretty well.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on July 23, 2013, 05:44:09 AM
Gears, is there a way that you can pick and choose mobs to be allowed on the server? Because I personally think that some of the mobs would still fit pretty well.
Like what? And I was thinking about it, but still not completely sure.

Dannflower Reguba

Well bats for one.  ::) Not like that's going to change the outcome of anything, but with having only discouraged PvP on a server for combat, you're looking at a really low user number.

As non-canon as they are, zombies and skeletons might be a good thing to have around (especially since if they aren't there then it doesn't matter what time of the day it is.

I'd LIKE to have the new horses in it, but I can totally see why you'd not have them. (technically they ARE canon  ;))

Obviously we aren't going to have destructive creepers, and personally I'm against having spiders.

mgsfool

Quote from: danflorreguba on July 23, 2013, 03:36:26 PM
Well bats for on.  ::) Not like that's going to change the outcome of anything, but with having only discouraged PvP on a server for combat, you're looking at a really low user number.

As non-canon as they are, zombies and skeletons might be a good thing to have around (especially since if they aren't there then it doesn't matter what time of the day it is.

I'd LIKE to have the new horses in it, but I can totally see why you'd not have them. (technically they ARE canon  ;))

Obviously we aren't going to have destructive creepers, and personally I'm against having spiders.
A mob arena would be fun if that is what u mean on the skeletons and zombies.
I believe strongly in eye for an eye don't you agree.

Gears

Well bats for on.  ::) Not like that's going to change the outcome of anything, but with having only discouraged PvP on a server for combat, you're looking at a really low user number.

I'd LIKE to have the new horses in it, but I can totally see why you'd not have them. (technically they ARE canon  ;))

I can re-add skellies and zombies, and what do you mean discouraged pvp? If anything, we want the pvp to be raging. Just against the right people, I.E. No redwallers fighting redwallers. In fact I would prefer pvp.

Gears

Quote from: mgsfool on July 23, 2013, 06:56:24 PM

A mob arena would be fun if that is what u mean on the skeletons and zombies.
I think zombies and such would be a really good idea for marauders and raiders, while other players aren't around. I don't really like the idea of a mob arena though, since it's really non-cannon, and we have an arena already. If you wish to transform that into a mob arena, feel free to.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Gears on July 23, 2013, 08:31:17 PM

I can re-add skellies and zombies, and what do you mean discouraged pvp? If anything, we want the pvp to be raging. Just against the right people, I.E. No redwallers fighting redwallers. In fact I would prefer pvp.

Oh..... I thought we were trying to keep PvP to a minimum... Okay, lol. I vote that we keep the arena PvP instead of going mob.

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on July 24, 2013, 05:03:33 AM
Quote from: Gears on July 23, 2013, 08:31:17 PM

Oh..... I thought we were trying to keep PvP to a minimum... Okay, lol. I vote that we keep the arena PvP instead of going mob.
No problem! I love pvp, and I want to see it raging across the land. Huge faction battles would be really cool too. :D