News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

Something Horrifying

I'm gonna be honest--I'm needing a bit of a break from this server. I'll probably be back eventually, to build some new stuff or even rebuild...but unfortunately I do have limited patience, and can take the loss of that much work pretty hard. I don't know how many people saw, but I built around 5-7 things solo around the map, put a lot of effort and detail into them, and was pretty darn proud of it. The reset put the map back before I had first arrived. After all the hours and careful thought put in, I'm sorry to say I'm the sort of person that has a hard time shrugging it off and redoing it all again. It might be different if I could remember exactly how things were, to recreate them, I dunno. I guess I'm just easily depressed and put off things by a loss like that. Wish I weren't, since that's obviously exactly what griefers probably want to hear. But it's really hard not to just go "okay, screw it all then".

Like I said though, hopefully after a bit of a break I can work up the energy and inspiration to get back on and build.

I also meant to ask Latna, or anyone else--I know there's a way to pick up entire structures on a map and move them elsewhere...is it possible to do this from one map to another? I assume probably not, but I thought it was worth asking, since I noticed all but one or two of my builds actually made it through the griefing intact. This is also assuming someone still has the post-griefing world file saved somewhere.
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

W0NWILL

eualaia

griefers will go to hellgates when i get my hands on em'
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

W0NWILL

Please, please, don't make the spawn on half-blocks, I think that's what happened.
EDIT: I spawned near the abbey, I can see some sugarcane near the wall in front of me, could someone change those half-blocks to normal blocks?
ANOTHER EDIT: Yay! I fixed it! See you around!
YET ANOTHER EDIT: I can't destroy or build things, and I can't open doors, basically, all I can do is walk around. Is there something a person who's in charge of this needs to do to fix this?
THE LAST EDIT: Thanks!

W0NWILL

psybox

W0NWILL

Gears, in the Long Patrol, generals are higher up than brigadiers. And could I be a colonel? Don't worry, colonels are below brigadiers. And I go on before noon most any day. (I need a life) Sometimes I will go on after noon, but not regularly. 

Latna

SH: I'm pretty sure I have the post-grief map saved still, and I can move structures out of it and back onto the old map. We'll figure out a time that you can show me stuff you built that wasn't wiped out.
Ask me about Redwall MUCK!
http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=1823.msg66205#msg66205

[url=http://rwmuck.limitless.

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Latna on June 17, 2012, 03:26:06 PM
SH: I'm pretty sure I have the post-grief map saved still, and I can move structures out of it and back onto the old map. We'll figure out a time that you can show me stuff you built that wasn't wiped out.
:O Hooraaaaaay~ I wonder if anyone else's stuff can be salvaged. Though I don't know how much work anyone else was doing on non-landmark things...

(Also I just realized I livestreamed a little to a friend once, to show her some stuff I built...so I think I have a video tour of the house that was destroyed saved, to rebuild from. o_o)
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Gears

Oooh. Psy, I'm so sorry for being afk. I was actually on for quite a bit, playing around and such, then i forgot to exit my game. I apologize. >_<
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Gears

Quote from: Something Horrifying on June 15, 2012, 10:59:05 PM
I'm gonna be honest--I'm needing a bit of a break from this server. I'll probably be back eventually, to build some new stuff or even rebuild...but unfortunately I do have limited patience, and can take the loss of that much work pretty hard. I don't know how many people saw, but I built around 5-7 things solo around the map, put a lot of effort and detail into them, and was pretty darn proud of it. The reset put the map back before I had first arrived. After all the hours and careful thought put in, I'm sorry to say I'm the sort of person that has a hard time shrugging it off and redoing it all again. It might be different if I could remember exactly how things were, to recreate them, I dunno. I guess I'm just easily depressed and put off things by a loss like that. Wish I weren't, since that's obviously exactly what griefers probably want to hear. But it's really hard not to just go "okay, screw it all then".

Like I said though, hopefully after a bit of a break I can work up the energy and inspiration to get back on and build.

I also meant to ask Latna, or anyone else--I know there's a way to pick up entire structures on a map and move them elsewhere...is it possible to do this from one map to another? I assume probably not, but I thought it was worth asking, since I noticed all but one or two of my builds actually made it through the griefing intact. This is also assuming someone still has the post-griefing world file saved somewhere.

There certainly is a way to do this. I completely understand your feelings, and sadly the damage that was mostly done is you wonderful structures being erased. I think we all need a bit of a long break, then we'll feel fresh, and ready to go again.

eualaia

wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

W0NWILL

Gears

Hey guys! I've been on the server.. It's a ghost town. :'( But that's besides the point. I know everyone wants a break, just to recuperate. I've worked on marshank's tower, but i can't do too much else, because i'm not *really* an admin. I'm happy say that since i changed my password, no more account hacking has occured. I have one issue to bring to mind that needs immediate attention: The server needs a bit of a break, it's getting a tad meltdown-y. A quick restart or whatever should take care of that. Keep up the good work, and see if you can't get some friends in here too!