News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 04, 2012, 01:43:32 PM
oh ok great. np, seemed pretty quick to me. idk if i mentioned this in my other post, but this char has had a while to develop. its been around at least a year by now. if you see my deviantart account, yeah, well, its named after him. XD anyway thx for approving, redwall is awesome, minecraft is awesome, so redwall in minecraft!!?? yeah XD oh one more thing i can make my own skin if neccessary or i could post a picture of my char. i am kinda picky and i would like it to be accurate. oh also ummm ima fox as my last post said but im not evil, idk if that will cause problems. if it does, i could change to a shrew or a hare. is there any kind of way to tell on sight (other than skin) if someone is good or evil? you could make it a pvpfactions server with there only being two factions (good & evil) or you could just color peoples nametags. just a thought. again, thx for approving, see ya on server!

Yeah, that's fine. 99% of us don't have a redwall skin yet, since it's still kinda in the dev stage. But i really like the factions idea, and yeah, your fox is fine. :)
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Gears

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 04, 2012, 03:52:06 PM
Just to let you know, the server is terribly lonely.
Oh, it's back up? I'll hop on. :)

W0NWILL

Oh, no, I'm not on now, I'm saying that it's lonely in general

Rusvul

hey is the ip thats on this page accurate? its saying cant resolve hostname, doesnt it usually say cant connect to server if the server is down? i am aware that the server isnt up right now, but it doesnt look like the same error to me (although its likely that im wrong XD)

W0NWILL

From the original post:

QuoteThe ip is: redwallonline.hopto.org:25560 You have to have the :25560, or else it will be out of whack. :/

Rusvul

right, i saw the ip on the page, i was asking if it was accurate or somehow skewed. it looked like the wrong error message to me. but im kinda new to minecraft so im prolly wrong.

W0NWILL

Well, if you look further back on this post or the other post, psybox walked me through it.
EDIT: I looked back, I don't think it'll help you.

Rusvul

ok. i do know how to connect to servers, but if i fail to connect, i dont know how to troubleshoot. i did enter the ip correctly. i am sure of that.
EDIT: its prolly just that server is down and thats why i cant get on. darn you infarmiliarity with error messages!

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 04, 2012, 06:38:56 PM
ok. i do know how to connect to servers, but if i fail to connect, i dont know how to troubleshoot. i did enter the ip correctly. i am sure of that.
EDIT: its prolly just that server is down and thats why i cant get on. darn you infarmiliarity with error messages!
Yeah, the server is down for now. :( While you guys wait here's an ok server to hang out on: madrealms.net It pretty fun. :)

Rusvul

ok, i made a redwall skin. took about an hour and a half, starting from scratch. its my fox char! theres even the scars across his eye!  i was unable to make a snout, due to the fact that it has to all fit in the regular human form.

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 05, 2012, 01:13:53 PM
ok, i made a redwall skin. took about an hour and a half, starting from scratch. its my fox char! theres even the scars across his eye!  i was unable to make a snout, due to the fact that it has to all fit in the regular human form.
Amazing! Care to show us your handiwork?

Rusvul

sure, i could meet some of you on a server, or i could post a picture.... i'd have to figure out how though...... i do know how to post a picture on a website called deviantart, on deviantart i am rusvulthesaber. do you have any other ideas?  also, if you dont have enough people to make all the custom skins, i could help. im a rookie, but i think im pretty good. the shading is unconventional (like a lot of stuff i do) but i think it looks good

EDIT: i also figured out how to make a texture pack, i will make a redwall pack that changes the color of the sandstone. what kind of sandstone did you use?  is it the brick kind, the cobble kind, the flat sided kind?

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 06, 2012, 12:59:27 PM
sure, i could meet some of you on a server, or i could post a picture.... i'd have to figure out how though...... i do know how to post a picture on a website called deviantart, on deviantart i am rusvulthesaber. do you have any other ideas?  also, if you dont have enough people to make all the custom skins, i could help. im a rookie, but i think im pretty good. the shading is unconventional (like a lot of stuff i do) but i think it looks good

EDIT: i also figured out how to make a texture pack, i will make a redwall pack that changes the color of the sandstone. what kind of sandstone did you use?  is it the brick kind, the cobble kind, the flat sided kind?
There's only two types: Sandstone Slab, and Sandstone. We used Sandstone. :)

Rusvul

they are all called the same but if you look in the creative inv menu you will see three or four different types of sandstone. one is like cobble, one is like bricks with a creeper face on it, one is like one brick, they are all called sandstone but they look slightly different.

W0NWILL

The server can only use the one that is oldest, the brick