News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Pirates vs. Ninjas

Started by Matthias720, October 14, 2011, 03:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you prefer pirates or ninjas?

Pirates
Ninjas
Meh. I don't care

eualaia

true war hammers were the same way
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Bragoon

Precisely.  Another example of this is that I wouldn't want to use a Katana in a fight on a pirate ship.  A Katana has a midland-long blade, meant for slashing.  A cutlass that might be used by a pirate is shorter, because you can't be swinging  out and wide in a cramped, close-quarters fight with both enemies and allies all around you.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

eualaia

theres the stabbing shorter katanas too ya know

Bragoon

Actually no, a Katana is by definition a slashing weapon.  A small stabbing weapon is called a knife, but those come in lots of varieties.   :P
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

eualaia

i dont know exactly all the types of sword but that is a very short katana ment for stabbing or close range slashing

Bragoon

It can't really be both, since a stabbing blade is made two-edged, and therefore wider.  Also, Katanas are exclusively single-edged. 

eualaia

i have a short katana its about 8 inch blade

Bragoon

It's too short to be a Katana.  There are Katana-like knives, but a true Katana is a full-on sword.

eualaia

fine its a katana-ish knife i really have a katana its got a 54 inch blade

Tiria Wildlough

Nightfire, I am severely disappointed that you changed sides. How could you do this to me? Now there is almost no one who is active and on the ninjas' side!
Well, I shall fight on, but be warned that I am disappointed in you. :(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Sigh....it's so hard to choose bewteen reasoning and friends.....okay, friends won out. I'm back to a ninja again, especially since I now have a sword of my own. ;D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

eualaia

Bragoon

Boo, boooo, succumbing to peer pressure.  Boooo.  :P

Coobreedan

This argument stops now. A winner has been chosen.

NINJAS!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Bragoon

The poll says we're tied.  So there.