News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Pirates vs. Ninjas

Started by Matthias720, October 14, 2011, 03:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you prefer pirates or ninjas?

Pirates
Ninjas
Meh. I don't care

White One6193

Okay, new paradigm.

Ninja vs. Space Marine
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

psybox

don't you mean ninja vs. runners?  because if so the answer is runners, and if not, the answer is runners.

Bragoon

Space Marine.  For all intents and purposes, they're superhumans.  Stack that with the armor, not to mention the gun, and you've got trouble.  Poor ninja never had a chance.

I thought I recognized that tank in your avatar.  ;P
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

psybox

i still think you meant runners.  and even if you didn't, runners would still win.

White One6193

Quote from: Bragoon on May 17, 2012, 05:06:42 PM
Space Marine.  For all intents and purposes, they're superhumans.  Stack that with the armor, not to mention the gun, and you've got trouble.  Poor ninja never had a chance.

I thought I recognized that tank in your avatar.  ;P

Hahaharr! For the Emperor!

psybox

what are space marines?  just want to know.

Bragoon

The Space Marines are a faction in a miniatures game, which has had movies, books, and videogames made on the same universe, called Warhammer 40,000. 
My dad loves it, and has done tons of research on all the different lore and such of the game, and that trickles down to me.  I tried to get into it, but I don't have the patience for painting, so I gave it up.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

psybox

you told me what they're from, but i still don't know what they are, so i can't accurately decide.  but, i'm going with them because i just don't like ninjas.

Bragoon

psybox

looks oddly like a HL2 combine...  yep, space marines it is!

Bragoon

Assuming by HL2 you mean Half-Life, if anything it would be that Combines look like Space Marines, since Warhammer's been around longer than Half-Life. 

psybox

true, the point is, i don't like ninjas.  also, i realize that the post i'm talking about was long before i even joined, but people can run up walls, just not like the stereotypical ninja, just look up parkour.  even though its climbing, i still refer to it as running up walls.

MatthiasMan

I would rather be a Space Marine.

White One6193

Yes, well, a runner would POTENTIALLY have a better chance than a space marine, due to the ability to pop in and out wherever he wants. However, an Adeptus Astartes warrior would be able to pinpoint the runner's position anyway thanks to his superhuman reflexes, and boltergun. KLICK-CHAK BOOM!     

psybox

a what? is that another name for them?  or is it a specific type or what?  must have not read that part. also, whats a boltergun?  i am incredibly confused.  well, okay, it kind of depends on weather its the one you like best, or the one you think would win in a battle. for the latter space marines, for the first I'm going with runners because I've played Mirror's Edge, but not Warhammer 40,000