News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Pirates vs. Ninjas

Started by Matthias720, October 14, 2011, 03:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you prefer pirates or ninjas?

Pirates
Ninjas
Meh. I don't care

lass of something much

And? that doesn't make me wrong, Anne bonny wasn't trained, and if she fought a ninja, she would loose, as for the other person, I really don't know..
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Booklover

But do you know what's better than both of them?

Rangers. Specifically, Araluen Rangers.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Captain Wortshire

Historically, ninjas were trained for sabotage, distraction and assassination, rather than outright fighting.

But I just like ninjas better.

(Pirates are still cool though)
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

shisteer of nothing much

I vote pirates. First clicking on this topic, I couldn't decide. However, as a neutral party, the arguments for pirates are much better. It seems to me that pirate supporters did research and knew what they were talking about, where as most of the ninja supporters just liked the ninjas' weapons and/or had disliked pirates for no particular reason.

Besides, pirates are better musicians and poets, plus they steriotypically had really cool accents.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

I vote myself captain. Let's go gut some ninjas, crew!

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

Quote from: Captain Wortshire on May 03, 2020, 03:27:02 PM
Historically, ninjas were trained for sabotage, distraction and assassination, rather than outright fighting.

But I just like ninjas better.

(Pirates are still cool though)
*finger guns (not the killing kind)*
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Scott McLamok

Redeeming qualities of a pirate: Thieves,looters,murderers and many other beautiful things!
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

shisteer of nothing much

Redeeming qualities of a ninja: Backstabbers, assassins, pick-pockets and many other things.

Ninjas are as murderous as pirates are, if not more. Many of the pirates in history fought for a cause, where as ninjas were mercenaries. They killed for cash. Ninjas aren't primarily known for stealing but there's no doubt they did it.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Jarky Thistlebrush

Ooarg, matey, but ninjas ne'er talked like this!
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

shisteer of nothing much

Harr harr, mate. That's me point.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on May 04, 2020, 04:53:53 AM
Redeeming qualities of a ninja: Backstabbers, assassins, pick-pockets and many other things.

Ninjas are as murderous as pirates are, if not more. Many of the pirates in history fought for a cause, where as ninjas were mercenaries. They killed for cash. Ninjas aren't primarily known for stealing but there's no doubt they did it.
No, pirates are worse.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

Maybe so, but they robbed from rich merchants and tyrannical navy forces. Besides, they were often employed by one country to stop another country trading. Besides, they appreciated music and poetry. Ninjas probably had the poetry skills of a rabbit.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Scott McLamok

Ninjas were mercs they kill and steal for a certain lord that pays them. Pirates are just plain criminals and pirates are still around today.
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

shisteer of nothing much

No, actually. Pirates were also mercenaries and often told to raid certain other nations. Ninjas were assassins and criminals. Pirates had the dignity to face their opponents in a fair fight. Ninjas just snuck up behind them and stabbed them in the back. An honourable person would become a samurai or legal fighter. Ninjas were outlaws.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!