News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Pirates vs. Ninjas

Started by Matthias720, October 14, 2011, 03:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you prefer pirates or ninjas?

Pirates
Ninjas
Meh. I don't care

lass of something much

Quote from: Scott McLamok on May 04, 2020, 07:17:05 AM
Ninjas were mercs they kill and steal for a certain lord that pays them. Pirates are just plain criminals and pirates are still around today.
And that just proves that Ninjas are better, and the reason they're still around is because they're just sea bandits, now as for the Ninjas, they are still here, just not the way we knew them, if you think about it, the mafia are pretty much Ninjas, and they are still very powerful.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

No, Lass. The mafia are not ninjas.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Russa Nodrey

Someone needs to write a book about an Italian mafia ninja.
Freddy

shisteer of nothing much

Italian mafia pirate would be better.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

shisteer of nothing much

Definitely. No uncertain dots about it.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

shisteer of nothing much

I repeat: Definitely. No uncertain dots about it.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Captain Wortshire

Since there are many tropes and misconceptions on ninjas, let me entertain you with some historical facts:

Contrary to popular belief, real ninjas wore BLUE, not BLACK.

Ninjas were known to always carry these six items:
A Straw Hat: Ninjas need to keep a low profile while they are out, so they wear a typical straw hat which helps them blend in and also conceals their face.
A Grappling Hook: Besides being used to reach high areas, grappling hooks can also be used in tying enemies, locking doors, or even as a weapon if need be.
Graphite/Chalk: Ninjas needed a way to take notes or chart out enemy positions, so they always carried a parchment and a graphite or chalk.
Medicine: Ninjas had to be in top form when out on assignments, so they carry homemade medicine with them just in case they start to feel sick.
Flint/Fire-Starter: Ninjas use fire to cause distractions, such as setting a small building on fire to distract guards, so they always carry a fire-starter. Also used to start a campfire to keep warm at night.
Three-Foot-Cloth: Used to conceal their face, mask their face from smoke, or even use it as a tripwire.

The katanas was not the primary weapons of ninjas as it was too expensive to own and make. They are more likely to have used homemade tools such as the kamas or sickles.

Ninjas had 7 disguises, which include:

Komuso (Monks that wear baskets on their head)
Buddhist Monks
Yamabushi (Mountain hermits)
Merchants
Actors
Street entertainers
Casual (Believe it or not, ninjas sometimes just walk around in plain sight)

Hit me with more ninja questions.
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

lass of something much

𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Scott McLamok

"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Sebias of Redwall

How many ninjas were there in the entire course of history, Wort?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Captain Wortshire

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on May 04, 2020, 07:16:02 PM
How many ninjas were there in the entire course of history, Wort?

Due to their secretive nature, the exact numbers of ninjas were not recorded. But it would be safe to say that there was hundreds of ninjas in the entire course of history.

There were 49 schools of ninja in Japan, the two most famous being the Iga and the Koga/Koka.

The Koga/Koka clan consisted of 53 families with one head family, who worked together as a single group.

In the Iga clan there were many lone-wolf schools.

There are a few times were ninja numbers were recorded: During the Edo Period, Tokugawa Ieyasu employed 80 Koga/Koka clan members to raid a rival outpost. Another time, several few hundred Koga/Koka members helped the soldiers of Torii Mototada in defending Fushimi Castle.

Several famous/legendary ninjas that I could think of include:
Hattori Hanzo
Ishikawa Goemon
Mochizuki Chiyome
Sugitani Zenjubo
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

Kade Rivok

Are you sure you know what you're talking about?  You haven't mentioned the Hidden Leave Village, chakra, hand seals, or anything!I'm joking, of course
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!