Funniest Redwall moment

Started by Captain Tammo, July 01, 2011, 01:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birch

Quote from: Lady Amber on July 26, 2011, 10:12:55 PM
The part in Mossflower where Martin and Gonff are sitting in Kotir's prison cells, having acquired their escape tools, and Martin says "Goodness me, a stick. How helpful. We could take this place single-pawed with a stick. What a useful thing to send us." Cracks me up every time! Matrin has a great sense of humor.  ;D

I forgot about this one. I love it! Always makes me laugh.

Dotti

I like Martin's sense of humor too. :)  For me the funniest part was the bragging contest between Bucko and Dotti!  I love that part!  
Although Thrugg is pretty funny too, when he returns with flowers of Icetor and tells his somewhat irritated sister Thruggann that there was a question he'd been waiting to ask her the entire journey.  She instantly forgets her irritation that he'd taken so long, and says fondly "And what might that be, o brother of mine?"  To which Thrugg replies "What's for tea? I'm starved!"  :P
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Nightfire

Another good one is when Gonff is dancing with the crab. Teeheehee!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

HashRouge

Haha I'd forgotten about the flurgy twinj! And I can't even go back and read Martin the warrior because I've blooming well lost my copy!

Log-a-Log

Southpaw and Bobweave were great when they boxed each other for rights to cleaning Dotti's harolina
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Osu

Quote from: Log-a-Log on July 27, 2011, 04:16:33 PM
Southpaw and Bobweave were great when they boxed each other for rights to cleaning Dotti's harolina
And they were the only two creatures who actually liked her singing, let alone be able to stand it! ;D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Matthias720

I just red that scene! Made me laugh so much! :D

Skalrag of Marshank

Yeah. Dotti's one of my faves. ;D
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, ye've gotta love the boaztin' contezt between her an' Bucko.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Skalrag of Marshank

~ Larry Boy

DanielofRedwall

I know it isn't meant to be funny, but I love it in Outcast of Redwall when Skarlath names Sunflash and Sunflash starts running around going "I have a name! I have a name!"
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

What about in Triss where Bladd is getting chased by Kurda with the sword? I knwo it's not exactly FUNNY, but for some reason, it cracks me up every time! And then at the beginning of Triss where the three are locked in the cells and Shogg calls out to Flith "Don't go sittin' on yore spear vermin, or you'll damage yer brains!" That is hilarious.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

~ Larry Boy

Icefire

My all time favorite is the bragging contest between Dotti and Bucko.
"Ah wiz born on a moonless night 'midst thunder'n'lightnin'!"
"Tut tut, what dreadful weather you had. Did you get wet?"

That entire scene makes me literally lol everytime!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Dotti

Quote from: Icefire on August 10, 2011, 05:16:57 PM
My all time favorite is the bragging contest between Dotti and Bucko.
"Ah wiz born on a moonless night 'midst thunder'n'lightnin'!"
"Tut tut, what dreadful weather you had. Did you get wet?"

That entire scene makes me literally lol everytime!

That scene is the best!  I love it when Bucko says something about having looked death in the face, and she says "Now that you mention it, you are looking a bit pale.  Have you got a tummyache?" *Bucko raises his paws to strike her*  "Ah yes, exercise is always good for a stomach-ache. Hup two, keep at it, Sah!"
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques