Redwall TV series

Started by Firewall978, November 13, 2011, 01:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like the TV series to continue?

YES!
Restart the series with better animation
No
There was a Redwall TV series????!!!!!!

Lutra

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on June 13, 2012, 10:44:10 PM
I found it funny how the battle fields seemed empty in the tv show. In the books, we would see a lot more animals assisting both the goodbeasts and vermin in the battles. Where as in the show, we only see maybe 10 to 12 animals on both sides. The fields just looked empty to me.

It would be quite expensive to animate so many animals, or would be plainly obvious that soldiers were repeated because they'd have to repeat the same rat, ferret, stoat every third animals or so to fill in the field.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

My opinion was that the first season was OK, the second one was really good, and the last one was bad.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skyblade

My opinion is that the first season is decent, and the second and third are pretty good.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Redwallfan7

I enjoyed the third season the most. The second one was pretty good too, though.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

gorath

My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

UNKN0WN

the TV series was enjoyable.  Although it was strange, they gear'ed parts of it for little kids and included deaths and violence in others  ???

go figure...

Lutra

Actually if I had to rank the seasons:

1 - ok, Nelvana gets its feet wet, detracts from the book a bit

2 - much better; fairly faithful to the book

3 - as good as S2; again faithful to the book, save for a couple of creative changes
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

I wouldn't call some of the changes 'creative', I'd call them annoying. Especially the one with Pallum's gender.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

I wasn't using "creative" in a positive way.  Most consider "creative changes" when you're talking of a movie, a change the director made to make the film work. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

SpiderMonkey

I personally didn't care as much about most of the "creativity" that the director had, it was the no violence, Skalrag being killed by tickle torture, and Felldoh not having a valiant death.  He deserved much better that what he was given.

Orinoco

I loved the TV series, but I wish the bad guys could have been cuter, like their real-life versions are. I know that it had to be made obvious for little kids to see that they were the baddies, but still. Some of them were cute, like Badrang (even though he didn't look like a stoat), Skalrag, Vitch, Chickenhound, Sela, Wulpp, and Bluddnose. Cluny was sort-of cute, and every other baddie looked weird.
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

xxmpxx

If i could throw my hat in the ring here, i had sevreal problems with the show. In season 1 did anyone else hate how for the last half of the season cornflower was always in some sort of trouble? I did enjoy the chracter development that matthias went through. From the beginning to the end they did a good job of taking BJ's Artful transfromation of a lonely orphan into becoming a comepletly B.A. warrior.

Lutra

Cornflower in trouble adds for drama / reason to explore.  Without it, you see a lot of repeated battles with the same result--Cluny losing in some way.  Giving Matthias more to do avoids the repetition.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Gingivere Greeneyes

One thing that irked me about the seires was Julian and Snow's immense size. In reality, a badger should be bigger than acat. But if Constance and Juilan were in the same shot, she could easily strech her full length on his head. Then if their was a Mossflower seires, they would have to either make Badgers extremley big. Or cats normal size. If they kept it the same way it wouldnt work.
Martin gasped. Bella was right! Boar looked like he could tear Kotir apart with his paws!....Unless Tsarmina or Gingivere accidently stood on him!   :P
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

Dannflor

Raymond Jafelice Directed the Redwall series and Clone wars and countless others
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.