News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Mafia: Lie or Die

Started by Rosie Willowwater, March 30, 2018, 03:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie Willowwater

There are a couple clues in this one, yes, but not many obvious ones.  :)

Anonymous

Anonymous

When do the mafia have to choose by?

Rosie Willowwater

There is no deadline, but I would hope it gets done sometime in the next week or so.

(Also, please post your next post in your color :) )

Chipster of Noonvale

All posts display in black for me, no colours.  I tried it in two different browsers, logged in, logged out, and it doesn't work at all.  The only way I can know which colour made which post is by quoting the post.  And it wasn't broken the last time I checked this thread.

:o :o

EDIT: and it's not just this thread, Soren's post aren't in Navy anymore...

Rosie Willowwater

Anonymous

Have the mafia have chosen?

Rosie Willowwater

Yes, and I'm working on the story right now :)

Rosie Willowwater

Red had been lying awake for the past couple hours, contemplating their situation. The future they would all have to endure. Thoughts like those are draining, and after a while they got tired of laying half awake. They sat up quietly and put their chin on their knees and their back to the wall.

"Couldn't sleep, could you?" Blue whispered. They had been doing the same as Red, though they did get themselves to dose off once or twice.

"Mhmmm. I'm not usually too bad with sleeping, but way too much has happened today. I'm scared. Really, really scared. If that pit of despair is the first obstacle we encounter, then what's next? They probably just get worse, and worse, and worse, and I don't think I'm smart, or strong enough to get through it all." Red said, their voice raising slightly, but to their knowledge not enough to wake the others. "Funny how getting less sleep won't help any of that."

"Hey, I completely understand. To be honest I'm just as terrified as you. Why do you think I'm up right now?" Blue whispered as they watched Red sigh and rub their eyes. "But is there a point to which it is unhealthy to pass. Dwelling won't help you at all, but if you try and think rationally I think you would be able to get past most any obstacle here."

"Awwwww, so sweeeeet" Green said lying on their stomach with their chin on their hands, at a volume most definitely not fit for so deep in the night. "And very valid points there, Blue. Even if we all will probably go a bit insane from this, it is much better than panicking and getting hurt. " Green had been up listening to their conversation through most of the night, since they too had been having near horrible thoughts about what could happen to them.

"Yeah... sure. " Blue mumbled, surprised and annoyed by the sudden eavesdropper "Well, um, anyway, we should probably wake the others up and keep going if we don't want to get stuck down here."

Soon they were all awake and alternatively sitting and standing in a circle next to the pit. "Alright, I think the best way to go about this is to go across in pairs. I think Purple and I would work best together, and I'm decently agile so if I mess up you will all know that that step was rigged in some way of course. " Orange looked at the people around them and pointed with their two fingers, "Yellow and Green, you two can go together, and Blue and Red, and then..." The paused staring at Indigo.

"Huh? Oh! Don't worry about me, I should be fine on my own." They said, smiling... until they realized that no one could see any of their facial expressions with the mask on. "Plus, if I go by myself that means I can go at my own pace, right?"

"Alright, that makes sense." Yellow looked around at the others, "I think we're ready."

Purple and Orange leapt across the pit with surprising ease, jumping from each slab with caution, but not fear. "See? I told you I'm good at this. Now Yellow and Green, you two can go."

Yellow and Green followed with similar ease, and so did Red and Blue, though Blue was able to get across a bit faster than Red, since they were a bit more hesitant to leap across the ones on their side.

"Ready, Indigo? Don't worry, it's not as scary as it looks, just don't look down." Yellow said, and you could hear their warm smile in their voice.

Indigo nodded silently and leapt to the first slab carefully, trying their hardest to stay looking forward, though their instinct was telling them to look straight down. Then to the second, a bit more confidently this time, though the embarrassment of being the only one who struggled this much was starting to creep in. Then, in a sudden glance, they looked down. They saw what felt like miles of deep, dark, nothingness below them.

"That... that's a lot of... space...." They stuttered, staring down still.

"Hey, hey, it's gonna be okay. Just look back up. There is only one slab left, you can do it!" Yellow cheered again, with the same smile in their voice.

Indigo nodded again, and slowly got themselves to jump to the last one, but their legs were shaking so much that they couldn't stay stable on the slab, and slipped.

Throughout the screaming and the panic, Red, being the closest to them was able to reach over and at the last second grab their hand.

"Hey, I need you to pull up with all your strength on the count of three. One... two-"

But before they could say any more, they felt something push them, and the added weight of Indigo weighing them down was too much. They tumbled down headfirst into the abyss.

They all stared at the pit, shocked, and scared, then back up to the others, who had formed something resembling a half circle around the two when Indigo first slipped.

"Are... are they..." Blue muttered, barely able to speak more than a mumble.

"I think so..."

They all stared in shock at each other "What now?"

---------

Night 1

Red Doctor (Dead)
Indigo Townie, shnoodlec (Dead)
shnoodlec was killed since she is absent this month. The Mafia did not choose to kill her.
If you would like to post after you die, please keep it anonymous and in color. Thank you :)

Two Mafia alive, one Doctor dead.

You may now converse on who you think is Mafia. If you have a final decision, please put it in bold at the end of your post. Unless something changes, I will end voting August 5th.

Anonymous

Oh no, our doctor is dead. Looks like we are all going to die if we don't get to the bottom of this soon. Blue seems very suspicious to me. They led half the group away in the very beginning, which is suspicious in and of itself, but then also they went across the pit with Red and got there before Red did. Meaning they would be in a prime position to push them off into the void. And even before that, they had stayed up in the night, probably thinking about who they were going to have to kill. They realized that Red would be a nuisance to them if they stayed around any longer, and decided to fix that problem. I'd still like to know what you guys think though, does Blue seem as suspicious to you as they do to me?
- Yellow

Anonymous

Like yellow points out, things aren't going very well for the townies.  With the doctor dead, every single future mafia kill will be successful.  With Shnood also dead, the mafia/town ratio is even more dangerous...

I don't remember if this has already been mentioned, but is there a detective, or another special role?

Anyway I'll have to reread the post at some point to try to identify clues.

Anonymous

Well, my observations on this is that you have four key people ahead before Red was pushed, those being Yellow, Green, Purple and Orange, as well as I. Though, would make very little sense for me to be the culprit in killing Red, as I seemingly became annoyed by Green and warmed up to Red. Anyway, I feel that the pairings may or may not be the pair of Mafia. Would be easy enough to have the two be together as to make sure both are safe at all times, but also to both gain an advantage on the others by being ahead. On the flip side, they could have split up for that very reason. If one pair ends up dying due to an obstacle, then one still will remain. Plus, killing would be plenty slier by spreading around to a larger group instead of pairing up. I'm not sure as to what idea I lean towards, but my feeling is two of the four I mentioned are indeed the Mafia. Yellow seems off for me though. A "warm smile" is a fairly nice detail, pushing the thought towards being a doctor, but also a facade to seemingly being much nicer than others, leading on to killing being a total opposite of her. With that, I also think Green may be a culprit simply because of being close enough to Red. I do find it odd that neither Purple nor Orange were mentioned to have the same fear as both Myself, Red, Green, and Indigo. Hiding not only their emotions but also having them be rather agile and leaders which the rest trusted, makes them almost have the group in the palm of their hands. I feel as though I am perhaps looking way farther into the dialogue than I should be. Plus, I realize a lot of this probably is just the way it is written and all, but hey, got consider just about everything. Though, I realize my "pointing out that everyone probably is the Mafia besides me" points aren't the best for my case, but I feel that taking a look into other options would show that I'm a much weaker option than the others.

Anonymous

You have pointed out why everyone else could be the mafia, but you haven't given yourself an alibi as to why you couldn't be the mafia, now that there is suspicion towards you. My only other thought would be Green, but that would be too obvious. I still stand by my vote of Blue. You were annoyed at Green because they interrupted you. Who wouldn't be annoyed? But if you are the mafia, I doubt Green would also be the mafia, since they would know that Blue would be the only one they could trust. Also, the mafia would by trying to make themselves look less suspicious by relating to the other's fears, even though they might have ulterior motives. They wouldn't want to antagonize themselves in front of everyone like that. Orange could be another suspect, or they could just be a good leader and trying not to die. I feel like the mafia would stand by until they see an opening, then pounce.

I vote Blue.
-Yellow

Anonymous

You know, Yellow, I was thinking Orange as a likely suspect as well. They didn't say anything at all until they started pairing us up, and they seemed to be super confident about getting across. And then when they were pairing us up it seemed so theatrical, the way they "realized" that there was an odd number and one of us would have to go by themselves - Poor Indigo.
I haven't decided yet, but I'm thinking Blue or Orange.
~Green.

Anonymous

Quote from: Anonymous on July 23, 2018, 05:11:54 AM
Though, would make very little sense for me to be the culprit in killing Red, as I seemingly became annoyed by Green and warmed up to Red.
This could be a trap.  You could be pretending to be friendly towards Red to draw attention away from yourself; since Red trusts you, you could catch them by surprise and kill them more easily.

Green makes some valid points about Orange, but I still have mixed feelings.  Since they are the part of the first pair to cross, if there was a trap, they would trigger it and their Mafia partner would be alone.  I think it would probably make more sense for the Mafia to let someone else go first to check for traps, before crossing themselves.  Let's wait to see what Orange have to say in their defence.

Green is pretty quiet in the story, there doesn't seem to be any clues related to them.  While they do talk with Blue in the story, their latest post says they are considering voting for Blue, so it seems unlikely the two of them would be Mafia partners.

My current vote is BLUE for the reasons Yellow stated.  I might change my vote depending on future posts.

~Purple