News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Mini Redwall Mafia

Started by WUMASTER, August 29, 2018, 05:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WUMASTER

I have a friend who often talks to me about a different kind of mafia game, so this might be different than the games on this website.

Story:
Several nights ago, Cluny the Scourge's horde rats, disguised perfectly well as Abbeybeasts, infiltrated into Redwall Abbey. It is up to the Abbeybeasts to figure out who they are!

Rules
1. Be nice to each other and have fun!
2. There are 8 players total, with 6 Abbeybeasts and 2 Horderats. Horderats know who is on their team, while Abbeybeasts do not. You will get a private message stating your team when the game starts.
3. The game is split into day and night phases. Each day will be 4 real life days long. During the day, the players all discuss to try and figure out who are the horde rats. They then vote on who they think a horde rat is. Vote by using /vote (Insert Player Name).
4. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be "lynched", and will be out of the game. Their team alignment will then be revealed, and night will immediately follow.
5. During the night, please refrain from posting in this topic. At night, the horde rats will talk to each other in a private message. They will then decide who to "kill", and private message the username of that player to me. Each night is one real life day long.
6. Then, it will transition to day once again, and the process repeats, until either all the horde rats are "dead" (Abbeybeast win), or until all the abbey beasts are "dead" (Horderats win).
7. Do not discuss the game outside the thread unless you are a horde rat during Night or post anonymously. Do not post if you are "dead" or not in the game. Also, do not edit posts. This is to prevent cheating.

Signups:
1. Nadaz, voice of the host
2. Cornflower MM
3. jetthebinturong

Nadaz, voice of the host

I'll join, although lynching isn't in the spirit of Redwall. Even under siege Redwallers would cast out, not kill, suspected enemies. This would still work to kill characters off since if it was a abbeybeast they would be killed by the vermin and if it wasn't a abbeybeast they would likely be killed for their failure.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

WUMASTER

I fit the story to the game, though, so it may not completely match.

Cornflower MM

Sure, I'll join. I will warn you that you might not get 8 players.

Jetthebinturong

I usually get into these games for the story, but a nice simple one might be just what I need. I mostly just lurk these days. But yeah, I'll join.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

WUMASTER

Nadaz, voice of the host

It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

WUMASTER

I can make the game smaller at 4 players, with 3 abbey beasts and 1 horde rat. This shortens the game to one day. Plus, we can start earlier.

Cornflower MM

That could work, and you could kill off a stand-in the first night, so everyone gets a chance to play, too, and the game is a tiny bit longer

WUMASTER

Starting off in the day works, too.

Vilu Deskar

WUMASTER

We have 4 people now, time to start the game!
This will be my color of text. When you see text in this color, it basically means I'm doing modding stuff, like counting votes.

Role PMs are going out. A 4-sided dice decides the roles.

This will be a 3 abbeybeast-1 horde rat setup. The abbey beasts win when the horde rat is eliminated. The horde rat wins when there is only one abbey beast remaining (which is when the number of abbey beasts and horde rats are equal).

Please confirm you have read your PM by making a post in this thread. Thanks. Game starts officially once everyone has confirmed.

Cornflower MM

Hola. PM read and understood.

Vilu Deskar

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan