News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall treasure hunt/ what do I call this

Started by Nadaz, voice of the host, October 18, 2018, 11:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadaz, voice of the host

I have been considering this for a while but I have decided to make a Redwall related puzzle challenge/treasure hunt. The hunt will consist of 10 puzzles/codes/riddles each of which's answer will be a location or character from the series. If you think you have the answer to a puzzle pm me if you answer correctly I will give you a new clue, if you answer falsely 3 times you will not be able to answer for another 24 hours. Good luck here is your first clue:
  Ufssbnpsu Jtmf

salad is a green salad of romaine lettuce and croutons dressed with lemon juice, olive oil, egg, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, garlic, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Captain Tammo

Hmm... Can we ask questions about the clues?

Like, is the letter distribution the same in the answer as in the clue? i.e. it's 2 words with 9 letters in the first part and 4 in the second?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Nadaz, voice of the host

Sure you can ask questions and yes you are correct.

Nadaz, voice of the host

Rosie Willowwater

Nadaz, voice of the host

Correct but please pm me so no one sees the answer next time.

Captain Tammo

Aaah gotcha that's pretty clever! !ell now we know what we're up against! What's the next clue? We'll keep it to PM's from here on out.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Nadaz, voice of the host

Ok since you know the answer anyway I will tell everyone the next clue: 46.609352,15.165510
This is much easier than the last clue, from now on I will post a hint five days after I post a clue and the solution will appear in five days after that. If you guess correctly in a pm I will give you the next clue sooner so you can stay ahead of people who have not solved the last clue yet.

Nadaz, voice of the host

I'm changing the game so that the person who answers the most clues correctly is the winner. Also there are some players already on clue number three so try to catch up!

Nadaz, voice of the host

Hint: latitude, longitude
There have been two correct answers so far.

Nadaz, voice of the host

I'm a bit late but here is the next clue: Right not left  55/1/1 where?
Also if anyone is still interested please post so I know to continue this or not and so I don't have to keep quadruple posting.

Rosie Willowwater

Jetthebinturong

I would echo the statement, but I'm not bad at riddles, I'm bad at puzzles. I still don't understand the solution to the first clue.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Nadaz, voice of the host

No worries if you find the puzzles hard (I made the next one easier) you can work with other people to solve them, it does not have to be a challenge for every person to solve individually. As for the answer to the first puzzle you had to copy and paste the salad description into a search engine which would tell you that the salad was a Ceaser salad  looking up ceaser and code or cipher will show you websites that will decode a ceaser shift cipher or you can figure out how to decode it by hand. Once decoded Ufssbnpsu Jtmf becomes Terramort Isle.

Nadaz, voice of the host

Hint in math right is abbreviated as rt, page/paragraph/line