News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Roleplaying Questions

Started by Rose of Noonvale, July 01, 2011, 06:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

Where is the  the Role-Play Directory?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Lutra

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on January 17, 2013, 01:05:22 PM
Where is the  the Role-Play Directory?

I think we removed it.  It wasn't up to date, and at the rate new RPs were being created / finished / modified, we can't keep up with every little change.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ceteruler

ohh, I'm so glad I chose now to check in. *wants to join the next roleplay tournament* I've been practicing. ^_^

Romsca

KitrallStreamrippler

I have a question. I might be gone for a few days, and I'm wondering if it's okay to ask other people to take over my characters during that time.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

W0NWILL

Yes, it happens often. When someone leaves or is on a trip.

Rusvul

Hey, Are RP's generally done in the course of one or a few days, or do people post on them just as they would normally on any random forum thread?

Rainshadow

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on April 12, 2013, 08:46:51 PM
Hey, Are RP's generally done in the course of one or a few days, or do people post on them just as they would normally on any random forum thread?

Do you mean done as in finished?  Because no, most of them take quite a few days, weeks, sometimes even months!  (Well, maybe not too many months, but some could!)  One that I started awhile back, The Quest for Romance, took a really long time to finish.

If you mean done as in people playing all the time, then it varies.  Sometimes they have members playing in them who are on often, so the RP goes by quickly.  Other times, the RP goes quite slowly, because the members don't post a lot.  That's the case in some RPs that have a minimum of so many sentences in each post.  I quite enjoy those, though, because you go more in depth with your character (at least, that's what the idea is).

So, pretty much, for both answers, I guess it varies on the RP and the members playing the RP.  Did that answer your question, or was I totally off?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rusvul

:D Neither! Well, partly. Is there usually a scheduled time that we say like "Ok, we're gonna play x rp at x time, join us then!" And I did not mean done as in finished, more along the lines of played. :)

Rainshadow

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on April 13, 2013, 12:25:36 PM
:D Neither! Well, partly. Is there usually a scheduled time that we say like "Ok, we're gonna play x rp at x time, join us then!" And I did not mean done as in finished, more along the lines of played. :)

Lol, well, I was a bit off!  ;)  Um, usually RPers just RP whenever they're able to do it.  There's really no set time on most.  Maybe on some, but mostly it's just 'Hey, whenever you want to post, do it then'.  The reason for that (in my opinion) is that some of us are in way different time zones, so it'd be rather hard for all of us to be on at one time.  So pretty much, we just do it whenever we can.

Did that answer your question?  ;)  (Lol, try two!  :P)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rusvul

Yes, lol, that did answer my question. Thx!

rachel25

um question how do you sigh up for RP games that aren't torments. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????  :P

Osu

If you go into the OOC/Discussions childboard you'll find RP's that haven't started yet; find one you like, read the GM's rules, and then ask about joining it. You can also start your own RP in the OOC board. Just make a new thread and lay out the rules and requirements for your roleplay and then sit back and wait for other players to sign on.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Cornflower MM

Question: For example, if I say something that someone else doesn't like, then they sort of get on to me about it, (Just for example!!) and that person gets on to me about stuff in other RPs, what happens? It's really not nice :( I was in a good mood when I got on, and now it's gone after looking at some RPs I'm in. :( :(

Dannflower Reguba

Such a personal issue can't really be handed a formula like you would for Science or Calculus. Each situation is different from another and must be dealt with appropriately. The best thing you can do is try to see things from the others position (pretty sure I know what's going on here BTW, if you want to talk more in-depthly then just PM me, I'd be more than happy to help you on this). Also, try to understand that other people have bad days too, and try and think of times where you've had a bad day and might've said something that you later regretted. I know I sure have plenty of these things to look back on myself. Finally, don't let it get to you. There was a member here a long time ago (not going to name names) Him and I were at each others throats over EVERYTHING, we rarely ever agreed and I've had far too many bad memories. The long and short of this last one is, don't let want for a good RP become a selfish desire that you would seek over the friendship of a member, I goof off a lot, yet in some of my less-than-friendly moments... I've lost potential friends. Believe me, it's not worth it.  :'(

Hope that helps.  :)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This