Main Menu

Mid-July announcements

Started by Captain Tammo, July 21, 2020, 11:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Hi everyone,

Some mid-July shenanigans that we wanted to announce:

running events without staff endorsement
We've gotten a few questions from members if this is okay. The short answer is go ahead! So long as you're not breaking any rules, we want to be a source of encouragement for members who want to run their own events. In the past we've had members run events in art, fics, RPs, recipes, and the cellars. Though feel free to expand into other boards and genres as you see fit!

update on the staff search
For now, we've decided to put the search for new staff members on hold. Though certainly not due to lack of qualified people throwing their hat in the ring! It's more due to a million tiny reasons on the staff's side right now. There are some things we think we should get better at before we start bringing new people into the mix.

change to signature size limits
We changed the limit for images in a person's signature from 40x350 to 100x350. 40 is pretty tiny, and we don't see much reason to keep it so small right now. If your signature has something bigger, please adjust it!

what the staff is focusing on this month
Being better mods! We're pushing each other to be more active in the community, cleaning up things here and there that are outdated or misplaced in their boards, and also trying out some mini-events as personal projects. We're excited to see things coming together!

We also set up a questionnaire for members to tell us their thoughts about the forum. You can check out the topic on the Suggestions and Concerns board here!

one more thing!
I (Tammo) am going to be stepping down from the staff team this upcoming Fall. I think it's time to let another person have their turn at being admin and co-leading the forum to new horizons! I'll make another announcement when the change happens but there won't be a need for goodbyes. I'll still be around, but as a regular member for the first time in a while!

That about covers it for right now. Enjoy your day!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior