News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Movie/TV show VS Book

Started by Trisscar95, December 03, 2011, 09:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisscar95

A lot of Forum members have expressed want of a movie or more Tv shows, some just seem to wan't another book.  Please express what you would like.

I Don't watch TV or Movies so I wan't another book.
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

Folgrimeo

More TV shows. There's plenty of Redwall books already, and the second and third seasons of the TV show demonstrated how well it can work if given the proper attention. So I say bring more of them to TV.

DanielofRedwall

I'd say another book, but another by Brian Jacques. Of course, that would be impossible, but I mean it in a hypothetical way. Movies/TV shows always end up disappointing fans because they are usually quite inaccurate, but you can't have this kind of disappointment with a new book. Plus, I'm generally not much of a movie watcher, I think reading is always more enjoyable. Also, with The Rogue Crew, it seemed Brian Jacques was back to his best. It's sad he wasn't able to write a new book.

That said, I think a Redwall movie could have the potential to be a real crowd pleaser if fans get some say in it. If the company/producers/director made a list of Redwall books they would consider making in to a movie and then gave fans the chance to vote on their choice, this would mean fans had some say in it. Also, imagine a competition where a Redwall fan was allowed to go behind the scenes and watch as the movie was brought to life. They could maybe report back on how it's all going etc.

A new TV series would be cool, and I think Mossflower would be the obvious choice. But I wasn't really a big fan of the TV shows, so that would be my last choice. But it would still be nice to know that Nelvana are still thinking of their fans.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

Very well said, Daniel. I would like there to be a movie, and it would be nice if what you said happened, but it most likely won't. :(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

I want another TV series, because we all want more books, but we don't need more books. We have enough already. Mossflower as a TV show would be awesome.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Lutra

If we get another book, remember its by another author, not Mr. Jacques.  I think a lot of people on this forum are of the opinion that the books should not be written by anyone else.  In this case, what we should look for is another season of the tv series.  The best book to adapt is widely accepted as Mossflower, which I agree on and think it would be more than appropriate. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

rakkety tam

tv show or movie i dont know which but it wouldnt be like therest it would be a totaly different kind of animation like the new thundercats and completely different voices than in the other shows and movies
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Coobreedan

A new TV series would be possible, a new Brian Jacques Redwall book would not.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

SaberTruth

I would like to see a TV show. If it was made correctly.

Blademaster

I think a movie would be awsome.
Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."

Roseofnoonvale95

I think that Mossflower or Triss would be awesome TV shows.  I dunno why, but Triss would be my first option. It would be really good because it has scary elements and happy elements in it.

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

I'm not really sure, both would be good, but we can't really get another book, but we can get another TV show or a movie xD
I've read Mattimeo, Salamandastron, The Pearls of Lutra, The Taggerung, Triss, Eulalia!, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, The Bellmaker & The Long Patrol! xD
??Just close your eyes, the sun is going down, you'll be alright, noone

Dotti

I personally don't like the movie of Redwall or the TV series of Redwall or Mattimeo.  The TV series of Martin the Warrior was pretty good.  To me, the animation made it seem more like a small children's show.  I mean, my brother watched it with no problem when he was like 5.  To me, Redwall should be a bit scary for a 5 year old.  The TV series of Redwall wasn't really true to the book.  A couple examples of this would be that when Cluny attacks, there are a number of "soldier mice" who all had helmets and what appear to be chain mail shirts.  That is completely against the book's portrayal of the defenseless abbey-dwellers.  Also, there was an added part about the carnival coming/Cornflower being taking prisoner.  I really don't like the shows adding parts.  I personally would LOVE another book, but only if Mr. Jacques wrote it.  It wouldn't seem right for anyone else to write it.  And if they did write it, it would need to be clearly labeled as a "Sequel to the Redwall Series" or something like that.   
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Tiria Wildlough

I have solemnly promised myself that I will not read any new Redwall books by someone else. >:(
I would like it if they made a movie, but I hope they can keep to the storyline a bit more. Take the Narnia movies, for instance. They would be different stories alltogether if not for the names.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Driffle

I love the tv series but my friend taylor says its a kids show >:( >:(  yeah right!!