Movie/TV show VS Book

Started by Trisscar95, December 03, 2011, 09:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShaneBro

Book is the best friend of Man. It can guide you about everything and provide any information which you want. Regular reading of books can help to get the latest information and increase their knowledge.

Redwallfan7

My favorite season so far is season 3 (Martin the Warrior)
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

tomswift123

Rainshadow

Quote from: tomswift123 on August 16, 2012, 07:47:13 AM
I always prefer books.

Amen!  I've loved the Redwall books and I haven't seen the TV series, but I always believe that the book is better than the movie.  Well, in most cases at least.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on August 20, 2012, 05:27:31 AM
Quote from: tomswift123 on August 16, 2012, 07:47:13 AM
I always prefer books.

Amen!  I've loved the Redwall books and I haven't seen the TV series, but I always believe that the book is better than the movie.  Well, in most cases at least.
I liked the t.v series. But I prefer the books better
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

SandyB

This kind of debate has been raging across several MILLION forums and/or web-communities for years. Everyone here will revere the books more than the TV series. However, some people seem to forget when it comes to creating a TV series for a book you can't include everything, mainly down to matters of time and budget. Even in these days animation is very expensive. Let's not forget the creative licensing that was rampant when Redwall series one was made (the originally written episodes) and in series three, (Pallum being female) will make the hard-core fans dismiss it.

Think of it as this: a Redwall novel is like a grand redwall feast. The TV show is just like it only instead of serving greyling ala redwall, you just get greyling.
Problems in life are never resolved by distancing yourself from them. Escape is never the safest plan nor the safest place.

Redwallfan7

I would have liked to see more bloody scenes. (It may not seem like it, but I love it when movies and tv shows show blood). However, I keep forgetting that they couldn't due to the fact that the show was broad cast on PBS, which is a kid friendly television program. I'm not saying that they should have showed blood squirting out everywhere, but just enough or more to make it seem realistic with the battle scenes.

SandyB

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on September 01, 2012, 10:36:56 PM
I would have liked to see more bloody scenes. (It may not seem like it, but I love it when movies and tv shows show blood). However, I keep forgetting that they couldn't due to the fact that the show was broad cast on PBS, which is a kid friendly television program. I'm not saying that they should have showed blood squirting out everywhere, but just enough or more to make it seem realistic with the battle scenes.

Good point, 'cuz even the books were a bit gory in parts.
Problems in life are never resolved by distancing yourself from them. Escape is never the safest plan nor the safest place.

Redwallfan7

True. Like whenever the badgers got the blood wrath.

SandyB

Or like when Ziral (?) got decapitated in Marlfox.

Redwallfan7

SandyB

One of marlfox litter. Ascord, Predak, Vannan, Mokkan, Ziral and Geltor. (I think those are their names. It has been a while since I sat down and read Marlfox, so I probably have spelt half of them wrong)

Tiria Wildlough

There is probably a good reason why they didn't do any of the books with a badger lord in it. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Roselina

Quote from: ShaneBro on March 03, 2012, 12:27:59 PM
Book is the best friend of Man. It can guide you about everything and provide any information which you want. Regular reading of books can help to get the latest information and increase their knowledge.

Hello My friend.....!
I am Rose Lina. I Fully agree with you......  That books gives a man information and guidance , also books can entertain my self. I read book when i upset or when i feel bore. I have a new collection of books that i share to all m,y friend's...........................  Watch it , I hope you like it..............!!

Farenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - JK Rowling
    Persuasion - Jane Austen
    Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Roselina on September 04, 2012, 04:21:15 AM
Quote from: ShaneBro on March 03, 2012, 12:27:59 PM

Hello My friend.....!
I am Rose Lina. I Fully agree with you......  That books gives a man information and guidance , also books can entertain my self. I read book when i upset or when i feel bore. I have a new collection of books that i share to all m,y friend's...........................  Watch it , I hope you like it..............!!

Farenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - JK Rowling
    Persuasion - Jane Austen
    Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
The books that I like:
               Redwall
               The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe
               The Hunger Games (So far the first and second)