News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

A Remarkable Redwall Readalong Event!

Started by Rosie Willowwater, August 09, 2020, 07:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How should we read through the series?

Chronological Order
22 (68.8%)
Publication Order
10 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Cornflower MM

Hyello everyone! It's just about that time to move on to The Long Patrol! Hop on over to the commentary thread right heeeeere. (Yes that pun is terrible and yes it was intended, no I am not sorry.)

On the 9th of May we shall start Marlfox.

Cornflower MM

Sssshhhhhhh I'm not late, no. I am perfectly on time. Quit looking at the date. >_> It's Marlfox time! The commentary thread can be found right here!

On the 30th of May we'll move on to Taggerung!

Rosie Willowwater

Would ya look at the time! I think we finally got our clocks working, eh Corn? It's time for us to start the next book in the chronological series: Taggerung! Join us down in the commentary thread here to discuss!

Stay tuned for 20th of June, when we'll be starting Triss!

Cornflower MM

I forgot what Rosie said in the last announcement and I am highly amused. She may have gotten her clock working, but apparently I've lost my calendar. We're going to pretend that today is this past Sunday and move on to Triss! The commentary thread can be found riiiiiiiiiiight heeeeeeeere.

On (hopefully) the 11th of July, we'll start Loamhedge!

Cornflower MM

*Chucks calendar over shoulder* Look, I said hopefully, alright? Today is TOTALLY July 11th. For sure. Either way, we're moving on to Loamhedge! Come join us in the commentary thread.

I'm honestly really hesitant to give a date at this point, but I'm aiming to switch to Rakkety Tam on the 8th of August.

Cornflower MM

What dis? I'm on time? IT'S A MIRACLE. It's time to switch over to Rakkety Tam, so get out your kilts, adjust your hats, and join us in the commentary thread.

On (fingers crossed) the 29th of August, we'll start High Rhulain.

Cornflower MM

*Rolls into thread on spinny chair and peers over the top of my glasses* We're not mentioning today's date. If you still expect me to be on time, I don't know what to tell you. XD On we go to High Rhulain, and you can join us down in the commentary thread to give us all your opinions - Trust me, I know you have 'em, High Rhulain is one I doubt fans will ever agree on.

Sometime around the 26th of September, we'll start Eulalia!

Cornflower MM

I said sometime around the 26th, close enough, yeah? XD Grab your weapon of choice and hoist it high - 'Tis time for Eulalia! Charge down to the commentary thread and gimme ALL YOUR OPINIONS. Quick now, wot wot!

If we're lucky, we'll move to Doomwyte on the 17th of October.

Cornflower MM

I said if we were lucky. Then we must have rolled a -1 rng check, because we were very not lucky. Maybe I should go find the calendar I threw over my shoulder a few months ago. :P At any rate, we are FINALLY moving to Doomwyte! You can follow the Wites (at your own risk) down to the commentary thread.

I.... Honestly don't know if there's a point in giving a timeline but let's shoot to move to The Sable Queen/Quean on the 19th of December.

Cornflower MM

What's this? Readalong? On time?! IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE. Clearly, I just needed to forget holding myself to any standard, and for Rosie to remind me last night. It's The Sable Quean time! This one has the reputation of one of, if not the darkest Redwall book and it's certainly one of the most "different" of them. Got any thoughts? Pop 'em in the commentary thread that's riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight here!

On the 9th of January we'll switch over to The Rogue Crew, the last book of the series and thus, the last in the Readalong.