News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Elephant at the Gate

Started by Dannflower Reguba, March 08, 2022, 12:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Hello everyone, I'm quite late in posting this, but events occurred faster than I had been aware. Not long ago, the forum went down, but was brought back up within the day courtesy of James. During this time that he was looking at the current forum software, he proposed upgrading to the next version of SMF immediately, since forum traffic had already been disrupted, in order to avoid the same thing happening in the future when we would inevitably be forced to upgrade. The staff agreed, and gave him the go-ahead to fully update the forum, resulting in what you all see now. Change is tough, but the software we were previously running had numbered days. As I'm sure some of you studious folk have noticed, not all of our old features have translated over, meaning some of the text codes that used to be available will no longer function (they should be few in number, but please be aware of what you're posting). There is currently no timeline for any sort of fix for those features as of now.

Additionally, we're currently having an issue with account registration/activation, which the staff is trying to find a solution for. In the meantime, if you've got friends you're trying to introduce to the forum, please be aware of this issue, and inform them as such.

We're largely happy with how the change has gone (software overhauls like this can lead to some serious bugs and issues, not to mention drastic appearance changes), and hope that y'all have had a smooth transition.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This