News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Rose's death

Started by Marlfox Vanish, April 01, 2012, 05:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Flandor on July 30, 2012, 01:14:25 AM
Ok, the fact that we have had two topics about this at the same time and both degenerated into a pointless debate about whether or not it was sad and who is heartless because they weren't that sad when she died is getting ridiculous.

I won't say we're all adults here (because we're not) but we should all know better than to argue over something that has no correct answer.  We can discuss our own opinions about whether or not it was sad when Rose died, or whether or we think she actually passed away, because that's what forums are for: discussion.  Argument is pointless, however.  Of course people have different opinions about it.  There's no need to call people heartless or try and convince them to find something sad when they didn't, and there's no need to consider your own opinions fact and push them on other people.  I don't mean anyone in particular, I mean this whole argument and then one in the other thread as whole. 

I think the debate on this topic is done and over.  We know where everyone stands, and it's not worth anymore argument.  My opinion. I'm not sure why MatthiasMan felt it necessary to revive this topic when we already had one open about the same subject and it was ending up this same way.
Flandor, I'm sorry. I got carried away, and I won't give out my age, but it's older than teen years. I shouldn't be acting immature.  Again, I'm sorry.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flandor

I wasn't pointing fingers or trying to reprimand or play mod.  I was just stating the Rose topic is just getting out of hand on the forum in general and we should all probably just let it go.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Okay. That makes sense.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

Ugh... I personally would be happy if both of the Rose topics (that involve death speculation) would be trashed. I'm sick of this myself.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

I think we should have a mod lock the Rose topics, so all of us can avoid debate and controversy.

Tiria Wildlough

No, I don't think we should do that. If you feel like this topic will make you argue, stay away from it.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Vilu Daskar

I really didn't care too much about Rose or her death.

I don't realy like Rose.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Tiria Wildlough

I'm kind of neutral about it. It is disappointing that she died, but I never shed a tear over it.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Ajc3000fox

Actualy i thought her death was......well a work of art.  :-\ You see its first brought up by her father who said somthing about staying away from warriors, the put you in dangorus situations. Then Martin in his bloodlust for badrang's death, sorta killed rose...by being so one minded he is responsible in his own mind for her demise. And after badrang is dead he relises that. And then he can't not bare to stay in noonvale, becuase it reminded him of her, and is then sent wandering intill he discovers mossflower. I almost predicted somthing was going to happen to her. I thought "wait if he ends up with her in the end, how will he ever end up venturing to mossflower? And yet i didn't want to belive it. I wanted it to work out.  :-[ Its sad, but it's suppose to be. It sets up martin's character up nicely for the rest of the series. And sorta gives reason for him deing alone.
"The way is dangerous, take this." " A gift? Will it protect me?" No, a sword is never a gift. It only brings death. It is a curse and gives you the duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I hope one day you will forgive me."

https://www.facebook.com/RedwallSeries

Tam and Martin

We totally agree with Marlfox Vanish - it is like losing your best friend when your favorite characters die.
We did feel bad for Rose.
I felt like crying for Martin 'cause he's my favorite! Especially because he lost his dad, his mom, his grandmother, his best friend and now his only love! :(

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

phoenixfoden

martin was better off witout her.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: phoenixfoden on September 20, 2012, 12:29:33 AM
martin was better off witout her.
Why do you say that!? Rose's death had a forever mark on him of depression!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Mattio

unless your hunchbacked

Dannflower Reguba

That makes no sense.... WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP REVIVING THESE TOPICS! Pardon the shout but why!?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This