Theme songs

Started by KaiTheDog, April 14, 2012, 10:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flandor

I like Celtic, folk, and classical music to go with my Redwall books.  Baroque guitar is great in the background with them.  I do also pick theme songs for some characters though.

This one is called the Fields of Athenry.  This version is a Celtic punk cover by the Dropkick Murphys.  I feel its fitting for Leatho Shellhound, Rab Streambattle, the Kotir prisoners, and any other brave rebel captured and imprisoned by the enemy throughout all the books.  It's about a man who is imprisoned after stealing corn to feed his starving family.  There's also a very pretty ballad version they player at a US soldier's funeral, just search on YouTube for the fields of athenry Dropkick Murphys Sgt. Farrar.

"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Tiria Wildlough

This one probably fits Zaran the Black:

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Wisteria Wild Cat

The Ruler and the Killer by Kid Cudi for any major villian with a horde beneath them.
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Leatho Shellhound

I always thought this went well with Redwall

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

Martin.  Definitely Martin.  Maybe right before the battle, then at 2:45 they hit the battle.  Oh, how I can picture him now!  Swinging his sword back and forth, hordes of vermin flying.  Gives me shivers.  Good shivers, but shivers.

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Felldoh154

Wait so is this music for the book or the tv series? Cuz mine would change dramatically depending on that

Rainshadow

I changed my mind.  This is Martin and Rose's theme:

May it Be - Enya
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Capn Greypatch

:o I LOVE ENYA!!!!

Just sayin'. :D

She has the most beautiful voice, and a lot of her songs are perfect to fall asleep to...which is a compliment, not an insult!  And some, like May It Be,  almost make me want to cry...but again, a good cry not a bad one. :P

As for theme songs, thats tough...I do agree though, I like listening to celtic and folk music, and I think it would fit with Redwall better.

How about Pirates of the Caribbean for the Guosim or Searats?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwOdT4SmxTA&list=PL8051B3A2F057FBDF&index=1&feature=plpp_video

In this compilation, you can almost pinpoint a different them for most  creatures/aspects of Redwall!!
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Rainshadow

This would probably be for some sailing creature:

Orinoco Flow - Enya

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, it would. ;D
This one would be for a Redwall feast:
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dannflower Reguba

Sense I don't believe Rose died... This doesn't fit for me. But for you who do think she died. This is for Martin.

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

YES!  That's definitely what it is!!!  I love that song!!!

Dannflower Reguba

lol, only if you beleive Rose died... ( I don't)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

AbbotAlf0805

I always thought that this song went well with Redwall,

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Wisteria Wild Cat

Monster by Skillet is great for badger lords in bloodwrath.
Yeah, still can't put up videos...
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!