News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Tyrant and his horde

Started by KaiTheDog, May 04, 2012, 05:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaiTheDog

I really liked the vermin POV during Martin the Warrior, both the book and the cartoon, and I wanna know what you guys thought of Badrang and his horde.

MatthiasMan

Snot-nosed, lily livered, grub swipin', blue bottomed, vermin!

Redwallfan7

I didn't like the rest of the horde, but I liked Skalrag.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Ungatt Trunn

I think that there all pretty cool. To me there the best hord in the Redwall series.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Log-a-Log

Yeah, I thought Badrang was one of the coolest enemies in the books
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

rakkety tam

badrang is was one of the coolest  vermin
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Tam and Martin

Badrang was okay but I like some characters of his horde.           

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

phoenixfoden

Orinoco

Badrang is amazing - he's managed to remain my favorite character ever since I read Martin the Warrior. I know he's rarely liked, considering how he's blamed for killing Rose, but I never really became attached to the heroes in the book - it was Badrang I found myself liking. As for the TV series, he's okay in it, but I prefer the book version of Badrang - he seemed more smart and threatening.
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Orinoco on October 01, 2012, 12:07:48 AM
Badrang is amazing - he's managed to remain my favorite character ever since I read Martin the Warrior. I know he's rarely liked, considering how he's blamed for killing Rose, but I never really became attached to the heroes in the book - it was Badrang I found myself liking. As for the TV series, he's okay in it, but I prefer the book version of Badrang - he seemed more smart and threatening.
I agree. I like both the book version and the movie version of him. Stoats are awesome and while I thought that Rose's death was sad at first, I'm starting to change my mind. Usually villians are more interesting than the main characters because I like how most villians are the opposite of a flawless example, it just makes you think and you can relate to them more. I mainly only like animal villians and Randall from Monsters Inc though. People villains tend to bore me.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, the villain will be flawed even if the hero isn't. :P
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Orinoco

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on October 01, 2012, 12:43:15 AM
I agree. I like both the book version and the movie version of him. Stoats are awesome and while I thought that Rose's death was sad at first, I'm starting to change my mind. Usually villians are more interesting than the main characters because I like how most villians are the opposite of a flawless example, it just makes you think and you can relate to them more. I mainly only like animal villians and Randall from Monsters Inc though. People villains tend to bore me.

Yes! I always thought I was strange for relating to the Redwall villains more than the heroes, but now I see I'm not alone ;). I also agree with you that animal villains are more interesting than human ones (that's why I generally only read animal fantasy novels).
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Orinoco on October 01, 2012, 09:27:18 PM
Quote from: Redwallfan7 on October 01, 2012, 12:43:15 AM

Yes! I always thought I was strange for relating to the Redwall villains more than the heroes, but now I see I'm not alone ;). I also agree with you that animal villains are more interesting than human ones (that's why I generally only read animal fantasy novels).
Awesome. Animal fantasy novels will always be my too favorite in reading, even if they're not very popular among any of my real life friends.