What are your thoughts on a new Redwall Movie?

Started by Spring Breeze, June 13, 2011, 06:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring Breeze

Are you scared of someone making a movie out of Redwall? 
I think it would be really cool but I'm scared that they would completely ruin it.
What are you thoughts?
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Bananagirl

I don't know, if you had a really good director and they made it animated i think it might be good but i think in my opinion that the redwall series shouldn't be made into a movie. i don't really know why i feel this way but it just seems wrong to me.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Redwall doesn't seem like a book that could be a movie to me.

Also, Redwall seems to always, you know....crash. The history of supposed makings and near-makes are staking up still.

Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Matthias720

It's kinda a toss-up. If you get a good director, there is still a chance it might be done in the wrong medium (animation, CGI, etc...), or they might have the perfect medium but choose lousy actors. It all depends on everything falling in the right place.

Personally, I think it would be cool to see Redwall as a live action/CG hybrid a la Narnia. 8)

Log a Log Grenn

I really hope they don't make a Redwall movie
Because people will see it and then they'll read the books and if you tell them you read it before the movie came out theywon't believe you
It happened to me with Harry Potter and Percy Jackson
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

Log a Log Grenn

And another bad thing is that they would probably re-publish the books with a ''Movie'' Cover

Mariel

I think a Redwall movie would be awesome!  @Matthias720: Why don't you want it to be animated?  I think that would be the only medium that would work for a Redwall movie; maybe CGI would work, but live-action would just be laughable, to non-readers and fans alike.  

Obviously, the one thing that can't happen is a video game.

Matthias720

@Mariel: I'm not against animation, but we already have the TV show. I think another medium might provide a different prospective on Redwall as a series. And when I say live action, I was thinking of live action sets with CG characters, kinda like Reepicheep from the Narnia movies. ;)

@Grenn: I don't know if you realize this, but your constant posting is doing more harm then good to the forum. When you post, you should try to encourage conversation with other people, and not just posting to raise your post count. You might even be intimidating other people with your posting, and they, in turn, may decide to not post. I'm not asking you to stop posting,, but rather scale it back a bit, and to think about what you post before you post it. Thank you for your time and consideration. :)

Mariel

Quote from: Matthias720 on June 13, 2011, 04:11:49 PM
@Mariel: I'm not against animation, but we already have the TV show. I think another medium might provide a different prospective on Redwall as a series. And when I say live action, I was thinking of live action sets with CG characters, kinda like Reepicheep from the Narnia movies. ;)

Oh yeah, that would be awesome!  I thought you were talking about actual people dressed up as animals, like that Redwall musical they made awhile ago.

Matthias720

Quote from: Mariel on June 13, 2011, 04:15:27 PM
Quote from: Matthias720 on June 13, 2011, 04:11:49 PM

Oh yeah, that would be awesome!  I thought you were talking about actual people dressed up as animals, like that Redwall musical they made awhile ago.
No way! Absolutely not! That would look cheesy and contrived. With the recent advances in computer animation, CG would definitely be the way to go. :)

Log a Log Grenn

I'm very sorry if anyone feels that way.
I don't post for a higher post count .
I'm just used to forums I'm on tons of others and they have loads more topics .
I may be posting so fast because  I want there to be more topics and sections.
I'm truly very sorry
Log a Log Grenn

Matthias720

No problem. I just don't want to see the forum lose out on possibly beneficial content and conversation. ;)

Osu

Personally, I would love to see a Redwall movie, even a bad one. Look at Harry Potter, Twilight, Lord of the Rings - they all brought readers in. A movie is just what the fandom needs!

I'd like to see it done in a style similar to the Tale of Despereaux or Kung Fu Panda; that way people would like it for the animation if nothing else.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

martins#1fan

If Brian was alive, and directed it, it would be marvelous!
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Spring Breeze

I agree Martins#1fan!!  I think it would be cool if they did it they way they did "Christmas Carole" With Jim Carrey where they film it live action and then animate it!  So that way it would be really life like.
Now if they got someone from his family to help, maybe even write the script it might come out ok.
If they make a movie and keep in all the gory parts (yes we all know there are gory parts) what do you think it would be rated?
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"