News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Annoying things about the TV series

Started by W0NWILL, July 28, 2012, 06:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

There's so many, I don't like how Rollo is conveyed. And I absolutely HATE Pallum being female.

Redwallfan7

Pallum being female, Keyla and Tullgrew not getting enough moments together like they did in the book.  I didn't mind the romance between Martin and Rose, though. Also, the battles could have been a little longer.

Oh well, it's still a great series.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Primrosewarrior

they turn pallum female? how does that even work?

W0NWILL

Like this:

They also made his voice feminine.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 28, 2012, 08:30:38 PM
Like this:

Ah, yes. When I watched that, I was like 'Is Pallum reeeeally a girl?' Then I found out he wasn't and I was really disgusted.
I hated the Martin/Rose romance, though. Brian Jacques did it right, why change it?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 28, 2012, 10:16:55 PM
Quote from: W0NWILL on July 28, 2012, 08:30:38 PM
Like this:

Ah, yes. When I watched that, I was like 'Is Pallum reeeeally a girl?' Then I found out he wasn't and I was really disgusted.
I hated the Martin/Rose romance, though. Brian Jacques did it right, why change it?
I beg to differ on the romance thing. You don't have to like it, but everyone is going to have a different opinion on here, eventually. I didn't mind it. I wouldn't want a movie based entirely on romance though, too much of one thing in a t.v show can grow boring quickly.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

Okay. Just as long as you don't LIKE it. :P
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

I can like the romance thing if I want to, it's freedom of opinion.

Tiria Wildlough

That's going to become one of your favourite phrases....
....No, just kidding. ;D
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

I understand romance a little more because I'm older, when you get older, I'm sure you'll understand the concept  ;). Edit: This isn't meant to start a controversy or a fight. If you have anything that you feel you need to confront me about, you can send me a pm. I don't mean any harm here.

Tiria Wildlough

That's what they all say, but I don't think I'll ever really like the romance in the TV series. I don't mind romance in books, but the one in the series was just wrong, to me.
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

Actually, I didn't mind most things. The only thing that got on my nerves was Pallum's gender.

W0NWILL

I also hated Felldoh's voice. It doesn't suit him. And it makes him sound much younger than he is.

Lutra

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 29, 2012, 12:11:24 AM
I also hated Felldoh's voice. It doesn't suit him. And it makes him sound much younger than he is.

Felldoh wasn't meant to be that old.  Even reading Martin the Warrior, I never saw Felldoh as particularly old...he acts like he's quite young, brash, emotional.  He's older than Brome, we know that.  He sounds like a teenager/young adult and that's what he's supposed to be.  Ali Mukkadam (his VA) got it correct.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

W0NWILL

I know that he isn't that old, but I don't see him speaking like that. Compared to the audio book, I think that there could be a better person out there to voice him.