News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: psybox on May 21, 2013, 12:22:38 AM
If you include this quote  in another post, then you would have just have done a double quote!
Not really.
Yes, it does. According to Science, in this case of the quote, if an object is multiplyed by the same square root of a related object when they are put together, they both become one because the square root of the objects are not divisalbe by any other number!
I read it in a Textbook once :P

Life is too short to rush through it.

mgsfool

My quotes would be from the original metal gear solid
First. A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!
Second, It is nothing so trivial as revenge. A fight to the death with you. Only in that can my soul find respite.
Snake. We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in.
Third, Good! Now we can fight as warriors! Hand to hand! It is the basis of all combat! Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon!
That is all I can think about for now. :P
I believe strongly in eye for an eye don't you agree.

Rusvul

Shouldn't that be "a scarred fox with an airship, a crew, a blunderbuss, and a dead-eye sister bent on vengeance is stronger than an automatonic wildcat Nd his vast army of clockworks"
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Rainshadow

My favorite quote from Star Trek:  Into Darkness...

[Kirk's trying to fly a small ship through an even smaller crack]
Spock:  Captain, this ship will not fit.
Kirk:  IT WILL FIT, WILL FIT, WILL FIT!
[The ship scrapes through]
Kirk:  See, I told you it would fit!
Spock:  I am not sure that qualifies.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

White One6193

By this sign you shall know them,
The breaking of the sword,
And man no more a free knight,
That loves or hates his lord.

'Yea, this shall be the sign of them,
The sign of the dying fire;
And Man made like a half-wit,
That knows not of his sire.

'What though they come with scroll and pen,
And grave as a shaven clerk,
By this sign you shall know them,
That they ruin and make dark'"

- G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse.

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." 

-Captain AMERICA, y'all.

"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Tiria Wildlough

'That's for me to know and you to not care about.'
-Me. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

Firefly:

Kaylee: You're gonna come with us.

Book: Excuse me?

Kaylee: You like ships. You don't seem to be looking at the destinations. What you care about is the ships, and mine's the nicest.

Book: She don't look like much.

Kaylee: Oh, she'll fool ya. You ever sail in a Firefly?

Book: Long before you were crawling. Not an aught-three though. Didn't have the extenders. Tended to shake.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

WoodlandWarrior

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die".   -Call of Cthulhu, H.P. Lovecraft

"Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet".  -The Phoenix on the Sword, Robert E. Howard

"There are times, young fellah, when every one of us must make a stand for human right and justice, or you never feel clean again".  -The Lost World, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

Ungatt Trunn

"There is always room for you...here....Our Abbey is a place of friendship. Anyone, young or old, who has read or heard of Redwall Abbey may come to visit us. If you are honest and of good heart, no matter what the season our door is open to you. Whether for the first time, or for the return of an old companion, you are welcome. Please feel free to visit us anytime you pass by this way."- Abbot Saxtus from Martin the Warrior.
I think that that BJ directed that line to his readers :)

Wolfhunter333

"The enemy's gate is down" -Orson Scott Card

"In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him. I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves. And then, in that very moment when I love them.... I destroy them." -Orson Scott Card
Both from Ender's Game, my favourite book

Rusvul

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 21, 2013, 12:34:41 AM
If you include this quote  in another post, then you would have just have done a double quote!
Not really.
Yes, it does. According to Science, in this case of the quote, if an object is multiplyed by the same square root of a related object when they are put together, they both become one because the square root of the objects are not divisalbe by any other number!
Wat?

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on May 24, 2013, 07:46:36 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 21, 2013, 12:34:41 AM
Not really.
Wat?
I know, it seems like I'm the only one who understandes it ;D.

Romsca

"I am desperate. I don't care an English Twopence for myself. I know that the longer I keep you here, the greater hope there is for my Ladybird. I'll not leave a handful of that dark hair upon your head, if you lay a finger on me!"- Miss Pross, in A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

Wolfhunter333

"old is gold"- unknown.... by me at least

Maudie

"Once you become famous there is nothing left but to become infamous" -I don't remember
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3