News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Felldoh

Started by Alessandro Reinares, July 06, 2011, 04:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 12, 2011, 07:57:05 AM
Think of it this way. Theres more than one person named John in the world, I'm sure somewhere in the redwall world, there's been creatures with the same name. Like gingivere the cat (spelling) in redwall and Mossflower
But the Gingivere in Redwall was a decendant of Gingivere in Mossflower.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Redwall Musician

There are two animals named Buckler I believe. A mole in Martin the Warrior, and the hare in Sable Queen. But they are not the same species. But I'm pretty sure Martin was mentioning the same Felldoh. But Felldoh is only in one book, and mentioned in an other.

Quote from: Lily on July 06, 2011, 02:34:46 PM
At the end of Martin the Warrior, Martin vowed to never mention the events that took place in Marshank. It's possible that's why he said Felldoh was simply his friend from the north - he didn't want to mention the days of Marshank or Noonvale.
Very true! ^^
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Captain Tammo

Felldoh is simply the best
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

daskar666

Think of it this way. Theres more than one person named John in the world, I'm sure somewhere in the redwall world, there's been creatures with the same name. Like gingivere the cat (spelling) in redwall and Mossflower
I highly doubt Brian Jacques based his naming of Felldoh on that principle.
However, Thrugg the Strong and Arrowtail are nowhere in the book. Neither are they in the beginning of the 2nd book of Legend of Luke. Which suggests that Martin was not ENTIRELY truthful.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Not at all. Just because they didn't appear doesn't mean he lied about their existence. He wouldn't have said anything if they didn't exist.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

daskar666

One thing that's clear however is that Martin had little, if any, interaction with them if they even existed. It's not line he got to know very many characters during his short time on the west coast/slavery in Marshank. Considering he completely left out the parts about Noonvale and that Felldoh never earned the title of Wrestler in the book I'd be doubtful of the characters' existence.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: daskar666 on July 12, 2011, 08:36:43 PM
One thing that's clear however is that Martin had little, if any, interaction with them if they even existed. It's not line he got to know very many characters during his short time on the west coast/slavery in Marshank. Considering he completely left out the parts about Noonvale and that Felldoh never earned the title of Wrestler in the book I'd be doubtful of the characters' existence.

That's a good point. Maybe it was one of his fathers friends that he was told about but never met because Daskar killed him? That's a long shot though.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

martins#1fan

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 09, 2011, 07:23:17 PM
Felldoh was not mentioned in the Legend of Luke
You are right he was NOT mentioned in TLOL. I think maybe once in Mossflower, but not in TLOL.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Captain Tammo

Maybe it was just an error on brian's part?

Log-a-Log

Quote from: daskar666 on July 12, 2011, 08:13:00 PM
I highly doubt Brian Jacques based his naming of Felldoh on that principle.
However, Thrugg the Strong and Arrowtail are nowhere in the book. Neither are they in the beginning of the 2nd book of Legend of Luke. Which suggests that Martin was not ENTIRELY truthful.
I also just realized that Thrugg is also mentioned in Mossflower, while he was also a character in Salamandastron. But there is no way it was the same character, because of the different time periods
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Captain Tammo

I guess Martin didn't want people knowing a lot about his past

Lutra

I'm a fan of the squirrel warrior Felldoh largely due to the tv series.  On another tangent altogether, anyone want to guess how Mr. Jacques came up with the name?
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

martins#1fan

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 18, 2011, 05:56:07 PM
I guess Martin didn't want people knowing a lot about his past
Well yeah, he said he'd never mention anything about The Battle of Marshank or Noonvale.
He clearly states this in the end of Martin the Warrior
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Lily

Quote from: Lutra on July 20, 2011, 12:59:02 AM
I'm a fan of the squirrel warrior Felldoh largely due to the tv series.  On another tangent altogether, anyone want to guess how Mr. Jacques came up with the name?
I would like to know!

Captain Tammo

He probably got it from the Simpsons, Homer FELL and yelled "DOH!" ;D