Is Orlando counted as a Badger Lord?

Started by Alessandro Reinares, July 06, 2011, 09:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alessandro Reinares

Galedeep

Yes, in the epilogue of mattimeo it mentions that he went to Salamandastron.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Galedeep on July 06, 2011, 10:04:30 PM
Yes, in the epilogue of mattimeo it mentions that he went to Salamandastron.

Actually it was said he left. That doesn't mean he reached Salamandastron in itself.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Tiria Wildlough

In Pearls of Lutra, it mentions 'our Badger Lord,' when referring to Orlando, so, yes, I would think he counts as a Badger Lord.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Osu

I always thought he went to Salamandastron. If not, then no... gotta re-read the books. XD
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Icefire

Hm...I don't know. I just automatically assumed he was a Badger Lord I guess.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Captain Tammo

I thought he lived on the western plains, not salamandastron. Maybe he went there after????   ???
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Matthias720

I've always had a special place in my heart for Orlando. He wasn't a normally aggressive guy, but woe to anybeast who hurt his daughter. Slagar sealed his own fate when he kidnapped Auma.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Yeah, he even cooked. That's pretty gentle for a berserking badger giant. And Auma said he didn't want anyone to know.

Gerbilkit

Wasn't he mentioned as lord of the western plains? That would make him a badger lord even if he didn't go to Salamandastron.
"Sometimes a dagger can reach further than a sword, remember that stoat." - Luke the Warrior

Osu

Quote from: Gerbilkit on July 08, 2011, 02:49:14 PM
Wasn't he mentioned as lord of the western plains? That would make him a badger lord even if he didn't go to Salamandastron.
Oh, that's right! Yes, yes it would. :D Mystery solved!

Tiria Wildlough

It does say in Pearls of Lutra that Orlando went to end his days at Salamandastron, so I presume that he went there.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

The prospect of ruling the western plains is very undefined. How so, when, for, prupose, ect. We'll never know exactly how he operated in that position. But he seemed pretty free to just leave

Osu

Okay, it finally got to me. ;D I looked Orlando up on the Redwall wiki and he is mentioned both as lord of the western plains and as having gone to rule at Salamandastron. Whoosh! 8)

MatthiasMan