News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Homeschoolers?

Started by Gonff, July 07, 2011, 01:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do/Have you homeschooled?

I have forever!
never
I did, then school, then homeschooled
School, Homeschool,School
School, then Homeschooled from then on
Homeschooled, then school from then on

Gonff

Quote from: PrimroseWarrior on September 06, 2013, 12:05:34 AM
I think grades just get messed up when youre a homeschooler. like, I'm doing collage history and science, but 9th grade math.
Yes, they do. I always say the worst question for a homeschooler is, "What grade are you in?"

As for math, I usually like math but I can understand those who don't, it can be very frustrating. Of course my whole math experience was kinda messed up in the first place. I skipped 7th grade math (called The Fundamentals of Math in the homeschool curriculum we use. :P) And the first high-school math I did was Geometry (without doing any Algebra first). The next year I did Pre-Algebra, but since that was I total waste of time I decided to skip Algebra 1 and do Algebra 2 the next year. I got about half of it done and this year I'll be finishing it and doing Consumer Math, next year will be Pre-Calculus. I use a homeschool DVD program where my teachers are on DVDs and have been since I started high school, although I've been homeschooled all the way through. It's not like an online program, but it is nice to have different teachers for each subject, and mom was kind of getting overloaded homeschooling four of us herself. It can be annoying because it takes a lot more time though.

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on September 06, 2013, 12:00:06 PM
I wonder why so many people on this forum seem to be homeschooled! I don't personally know anyone who was and I wasn't. I do wonder how things might have turned out had I been, but it wasn't really an option.
It is very interesting indeed. I think many homeschoolers read Redwall. Once, we got together with some of our friends, some homeschooled, some not, and we started talking about something in the Redwall series without saying what it was from. The homeschoolers knew exactly what we were talking about, while the others were somewhat lost.

I can't really say that I've had a normal homeschooling experience as this year I'm going to the local public school for the last to periods of the day (taking Advanced Chemistry and Chorus second semester). I'm also participating in the school Drama Club and have done so for the past several years. At least 5 times in the past two weeks I've had the "what grade are you in?" conversation and had to explain how I'm sort of graduating this year, sort of next year. (Basically, I could graduate this year and I'm having a graduating party this year with my sister, but I'm going to be doing a couple of advanced high school courses next year.)

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on September 04, 2013, 01:08:58 AM
Hey there! And I was sort of being sarcastic. But it's going to be fun. :)
It is a little scary at first but definitely fun too. It has been very interesting, because my sister has been going to the public school part time for a couple years like I am doing this year and she's much more outgoing then I am. We both have fun but in different ways. Everyone knows her and is constantly asking me, "Are you [my sister's name]'s sister?"
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

MeadowR

I was thinking the other day, shouldn't you technically be called home scholars? Sounds much grander than 'schoolers' at any rate. ;)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Leatho Shellhound

Home scholar, yes that is a good word for it.  :)
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Faiyloe

From now on I am a Home Scholar! Not like I'm being very studios. I have been procrastinating all day.  :P
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Dannflower Reguba

Wordly wise for the win.  :D :D I annoy the heck out of one of my older sisters with my rather extensive vocabulary.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: danflorreguba on September 17, 2013, 02:28:14 AM
Wordly wise for the win.  :D :D I annoy the heck out of one of my older sisters with my rather extensive vocabulary.

LOL, poor girl.  :D

click the banner

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on September 17, 2013, 02:44:16 AM
Quote from: danflorreguba on September 17, 2013, 02:28:14 AM

LOL, poor girl.  :D
Don't call her a girl to her face, she just might knock the stuffing out of yours.  ;) And she doesn't even lift!  :D

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Leatho Shellhound

I don't lift either, so I'm safe!

(twisted logic, I know)

click the banner

Faiyloe

Quote from: rachel25 on September 16, 2013, 06:24:46 PM
Quote from: Faiyloe on September 16, 2013, 03:58:49 PM
procrastinating 
good word  ;D

Thanks!  ;D I use it a lot... Don't know if that's a good thing though.  :P

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 17, 2013, 05:42:57 PM
Quote from: rachel25 on September 16, 2013, 06:24:46 PM
Quote from: Faiyloe on September 16, 2013, 03:58:49 PM
procrastinating 
good word  ;D

Thanks!  ;D I use it a lot... Don't know if that's a good thing though.  :P

"I'm proud to be a procrastinator, where at least I know I'm free, and I won't  forget the school that's behind, that gave bad grades to meee."  ::)

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Faiyloe

rachel25

Do you know lol has been put in a dictionary