News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Life of Leatho Shellhound

Started by WarriorOfMossflower, December 02, 2012, 09:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarriorOfMossflower

Well, seeing as the deadline has been extended, I might as well get as much writing in as I can. Grazie, Leatho!

Chapter 4

Moonlight filtered through the forest as Leatho Shellhound trekked through the underbrush on his way to the gathering. He followed a small stream, comforted by its quiet rushing noise. He had released Tannel from the tree and buried her, but his heart still ached. An enormous weight had been forced upon his young shoulders, but he knew that he had to stay strong. Leatho planned to meet up with the other clans, devise a battle strategy, and drive away every wildcat that had ever set paw on Green Isle.
But that wasn't how it turned out at all.

At the gathering, many questions were asked. Much sympathy was offered. But not a single thing was done to help the situation. Leatho soon became exasperated with the elder otters of other clans. He was sitting off alone, trying to avoid attention, when another young otter approached him.
"Ahoy there, mate. I'm Kolun Galedeep."
Leatho looked up at him gloomily, making half an effort to judge how old he was. Kolun was very tall and had strong, broad shoulders. He looked much older than he actually was, Leatho learned later on.
"What's wrong, Leatho?"
"Besides the fact that my entire family was slaughtered and the other clans are doing nothing to help? Nothing at all," Leatho snapped. He immediately wished he could take back his words. "Sorry, Kolun. I'm just frustrated."
Kolun sat down beside him with a sad smile. "I know how ye feel, matey."
Leatho bit back a sharp retort and waited for him to continue.
"Sometimes the older otters just don't understand, that's all. I'm sure ye must have all kinds o' crazy war plans, but be patient and think 'em over before ye share 'em."
Leatho was silent for a long time. Now that he thought of it, his strategies for revenge did seem crazy and hastily thrown together. He stared at his paws and said quietly, "I know what you mean, but I still feel that we must take action soon."
The big otter stood and stretched, looking thoughtful. "Ye think that the wildcats might target the other clans, too?"

Unfinished chapter
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Shadowed One

I really like this story! Leatho was always my favorite character, and you did a great job with this fanfic. Can`t wait for more!
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Icefire

I can't wait to see where you take this! Great job!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

winifred

This is amazing!!!!! I love your story! Good job please continue so we can read the rest!!!!!!!
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Leatho Shellhound

Good job! Can't wait for more!!! The illustrations are a nice touch to your great writing.  ;)
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Brinty

Awesome book!   ;D cant wait to hear more!   :)
Frodo: "Sam you must understand I'm going alone"
Sam: "Of course you are, and I'm coming with you!"

Hook: "Come on peter pan fly to the rescue and I'll shoot you right through your noble intentions!"

Bard: "You have no right, no right to enter that mountain!"
Thorin: "I have thee only right.

Jukka the Sling

This is amazing!!! Is WarriorOfMossflower on here anymore? 'Cause I'd really love to read the rest!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien