News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Winter Fanfiction Contest

Started by Redwaller, December 04, 2012, 12:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Quote from: Redwaller on December 07, 2012, 12:53:27 PM
Cool idea! Never thought of that meself...

So, how is the judging gonna be done? Votes or judges?

I think votes would be better for this one.

Oh, and how long should the story be?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Redwaller

I don't really know. But not something that'll take too long to finish.

Skyblade

Ok. When should we have the story ready?

W0NWILL

Christmas, of course!

I'm going to wait and post my story on the winter solstice. Just got to the first ghost! Each ghost will have a connection to Martin.

Redwaller

Just for everybody to know, I won't be able to log on the 23rd and 24th.

And maybe for those that don't have the chance to finish, and for voters to vote. We could extend it until some time in january.

W0NWILL

No, I say the polls start on the 21 through the 25. Everyone will be in a Xmas mood then, and actually sorta want to read the stories. That's my thought.

Redwaller

The only thing is that I won't be there during that time.  :-\

W0NWILL

You mentioned that you could be on the 21, 22, and 25. You don't have to be there for people to vote. *shrugs* I don't think people will be so eager for this after Xmas.

Redwaller

Yeah, I'm not sure if I will. But the only problem is, will everybody be ready for it?

W0NWILL

Well, I'm don't know if it's the 10, or the 6. All I know is that it doesn't matter if the story is complete, as long as they put effort into the stuff they did do, they have a shot at winning.

Redwaller

Okay, so here's what we could do:

We have the votes from the 20st to the 25th. Then, when everybody is ready, we post our complete fanfics in another topic! Good idea?

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Skyblade

The votes for people to vote which story they like best. I'm going to be going somewhere on Christmas but I might be able to come online on my tablet-maybe. I'll try to get it ready by then.

cairn destop

Might have to post earlier.  Was hoping not to post a new story when I'll be posting the epilogue to my current story on the 21st.
Retirement:  What I earned from a lifetime of work.

Redwaller

So everybody is okay with the five day vote?