News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Winter Fanfiction Contest

Started by Redwaller, December 04, 2012, 12:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Sure.  Um, when do we start posting our fanfics again?  (Sorry if someone asked already, but I'm sick and can't focus AT ALL!)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwaller

I'm not sure myself. If you're ready, you can post it now.  :)

Rainshadow

Oh, I'm so not done!  I have about 2 entries right now, and would like several more.  (Entries meaning short stories told by the Scribe)  I currently have the plan that it's supposed to be 1 entry per day, and I'd like more than 2 days!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

cairn destop

Quote from: Rainshadow on December 08, 2012, 05:36:38 PM
   (Entries meaning short stories told by the Scribe) 

Okay, when did that "rule" get added to the contest?  Mine has no such character and would be ruined if it did.  Still going to post the story, but if this is one of the rules, I've already been eliminated.

What other "rules" are out there that remain unknown?
Retirement:  What I earned from a lifetime of work.

Redwaller

What rules? The only rule that I know of is posting your Fanfic before the end of the votes. :)

W0NWILL

And winter theme. I think it's just Rainshadow's nature of story that needs a scibe, not the contest itself

Rainshadow

Yes, yes, the way I'm writing my own story for the contest is that it's told by the Redwall Scribe.  No one needs to do that, it's just how I wanted to do it.  I found that it was an interesting and fun way to write, though.

winifred

hope you guys get all the glitches ffigured out:) I look forward to voting!!!:)
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Rainshadow

Does anyone mind if I mention their characters in mine?  It won't be anything big, just small little bits here and there about stuff like, "Oh, and Skipper named the season" or something.

cairn destop

I have no objections, just so long as whatever you do remains in character.  That means reading whatever's been posted first or asking for a specific fact.
Retirement:  What I earned from a lifetime of work.

BrookSkimmer

I'm ok with you using BrookSkimmer any way you want ;D I would love to see her in a fanfic. All her info can be found at the Character Development thread in the OOC Role Play section.

Skyblade

Quote from: Rainshadow on December 13, 2012, 03:44:00 AM
  Does anyone mind if I mention their characters in mine?  It won't be anything big, just small little bits here and there about stuff like, "Oh, and Skipper named the season" or something.

I wouldn't mind, infact I would like that. :)

(as long as it's in character ^^)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Rainshadow

Yes, yes, of course.  I wouldn't want it any other way.  :)  Thanks, you guys!

BrookSkimmer

Just wanted to say I'm almost done with my story! Also wanted to bump this thread up so everyone gets a chance to see it.

Rainshadow

*Gulp*  I still have a loooong way to go before mine's done.  When's the deadline?  Tuesday?  Boy, I'll have to work overtime to get this done!