News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall Couple discussion

Started by Redwallfan7, December 24, 2012, 12:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

First,  this topic is to discuss your favorite couple in Redwall and why you like that couple. I didn't  make this topic for us to debate about which couple is better or more romantic than others. This will simply be a fun topic for us to talk about our favorite couples. Also, you can talk about the romance that each couple had, but please keep it on a low level, because not all of our members like too much romance. So no fighting about it, and please give clear and concise reasons why you like that couple.

For me, Grath and Inbar, from Pearls of Lutra. Because they're otters (duh). Second because they both help push each other out of their shell to become better. Grath pushed Inbar to fight in battles for the sake of protecting his family, Inbar pushed  Grath because he invited her to stay with him for a better life after her whole holt died. They also had bows and arrows in common, and I could tell they both enjoyed their hobbies.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Romsca

Hey can we talk about who we thought would make a good couple (as long as their in the same book)?  ;D

Redwallfan7

Sure, but there's already a topic for that. It's "Who should have gotten married."
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tam and Martin

Gonff and Columbine were good. Not sure why but they were just funny

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

GeminyaTome

What about couples who weren't, well, exactly "couples." Like...... Bragoon and Saro.
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Redwallfan7

Quote from: GeminyaTome on December 25, 2012, 11:54:37 PM
What about couples who weren't, well, exactly "couples." Like...... Bragoon and Saro.
Sure.

Captain Tammo

Tiria and Letho Shellhound would've been a great couple! Does anybeast know the age difference, though???
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Captain Tammo on December 26, 2012, 05:35:08 AM
Tiria and Letho Shellhound would've been a great couple! Does anybeast know the age difference, though???
Although we don't know their exact age, I'm guessing Tiria would have been the equivalent of a fourteen or fifteen year old, and Leatho the equivalent of a twenty year old. That's only a few years age difference, so it could have worked.  They didn't hint  at a romantic relationship, but I could tell that they had a great friendship. I would have loved to see them together, dispite her being a river otter and him a sea otter. Also, when you look at the time setting of Redwall (possibly medieval), it was normal for girls to marry older guys in those times. Of course, Tiria had her queen duties to attend to and wedding Leatho was probably the last thing on her mind. Leatho's an outlaw and he didn't seem like the type to settle down, I was half expecting it in the third book but I didn't get my hopes up.  I have nothing against the idea though.

Romsca

Can we talk about characters who could have been couples during the story but just kept it a secret from everyone?

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Romsca on December 26, 2012, 03:20:18 PM
Can we talk about characters who could have been couples during the story but just kept it a secret from everyone?
Yes.

Romsca

Well I think Romsca and Barranca could have liked each other and sent each other notes via a bird

Lutra

Here's the interesting thing I see about this topic.  We know there have to be couples in Redwall, however, its never implied very often in the stories that the characters are meant to be couples.  I can think of three very obvious couples that you KNEW were meant to be -- Matthias and Cornflower, Martin and Rose, and Grath and Inbar.  Outside of those three, you don't see an implication that any character is meant to be in a relationship.  Perhaps I'm a bit rusty with my Redwall stories, but honestly, those are the only couples I remember where the story says it was meant to be.  The rest that you hear about on forums is hearsay from the fans, hoping that x and y could've gotten together.  Relationships just weren't something written into Redwall lore it seems.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Lutra on December 27, 2012, 12:13:22 PM
Here's the interesting thing I see about this topic.  We know there have to be couples in Redwall, however, its never implied very often in the stories that the characters are meant to be couples.  I can think of three very obvious couples that you KNEW were meant to be -- Matthias and Cornflower, Martin and Rose, and Grath and Inbar.  Outside of those three, you don't see an implication that any character is meant to be in a relationship.  Perhaps I'm a bit rusty with my Redwall stories, but honestly, those are the only couples I remember where the story says it was meant to be.  The rest that you hear about on forums is hearsay from the fans, hoping that x and y could've gotten together.  Relationships just weren't something written into Redwall lore it seems.

Well Zaran the black married another otter at the end of the book Doomwyte as well Bisky and Spingo. Rakkety Tam and the other squirrel....I think, Oh and Hon Rose was wed to that other hare it the book Bellmaker.  And there are many many Vermin pairs in the series.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Romsca

My favorite couple of all time would have to be Flinky and Crinktail from Loamhedge

321tumbler

I think they were all good, but Gonff and Columbine were perfect because of difference.