Previous topic - Next topic

Romsca

This is like the one with Rose but with Romsca  :D
I think she could have lived!

Dannflower Reguba

I thought she would at first..... That was really sad.  :'(
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Romsca

That wasn't the question I was asking...do you think she could've lived? If so, how?

Leatho Shellhound

Well seeing as she was ripped up, she couldn't even move or she would fall apart, I find it highly likely that she could have lived. Sorry, I wish she had.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Phoenix

Say Romsca kills Lask but has critical instead of fatal injuries. Abbot whats-his-name heals her. The Abbot is locked up, and Romsca is killed by Mad Eyes for treachery.

/If/ Romsca even survived the fight, she'd still die anyway, unless she and the Abbot (I seriously went and forgot his name) sailed somewhere else. But there was likely only enough provisions to last them a trip to Sampetra, in which case they'd starve to death.

Romsca

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on January 08, 2013, 01:25:21 AM
Well seeing as she was ripped up, she couldn't even move or she would fall apart, I find it highly likely that she could have lived. Sorry, I wish she had.

I see what you're saying but how could she have gotten Lask over to the door without "falling apart"? I think she was just exaggerating so Abbot Durral wouldn't see how injured she was.

Quote from: Phoenix on January 08, 2013, 02:11:12 AM
Say Romsca kills Lask but has critical instead of fatal injuries. Abbot whats-his-name heals her. The Abbot is locked up, and Romsca is killed by Mad Eyes for treachery.

/If/ Romsca even survived the fight, she'd still die anyway, unless she and the Abbot (I seriously went and forgot his name) sailed somewhere else. But there was likely only enough provisions to last them a trip to Sampetra, in which case they'd starve to death.

Interesting but what about this scenario: Abbot Durral is throwing the dead bodies overboard, like it says in the book. First he throws off a rat with a wooden leg, which is mostly already off. It comes off in the water. Then he throws Romsca overboard, because he thinks she's dead. She wakes up, but only for a second, but long enough to grab hold of the rat's wooden leg so she doesn't drown. The abbot doesn't see this because he doesn't want to look because he's too sad. In the story it's raining, so soon the rain turns into a storm, and there's and island close enough that she gets washed up there and rescued.

Dannflower Reguba

lol, Don't even need to go that far! The ship wasn't far from the mainland when these happenings took place, they could've sailed back no problem.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Romsca on January 08, 2013, 01:42:16 PM
Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on January 08, 2013, 01:25:21 AM

I see what you're saying but how could she have gotten Lask over to the door without "falling apart"? I think she was just exaggerating so Abbot Durral wouldn't see how injured she was.

Well what if Lask was stabbed and with his last steps he walks to the door and falls in and dies.

click the banner

Romsca

Read that part again. That didn't happen, unless he had a cutlass and he put himself there...Why is everyone trying to prove that she actually DID die? Do you all hate her?

Leatho Shellhound

We don't hate her. I just don't think she lived?

click the banner

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Romsca on January 08, 2013, 07:02:28 PM
Read that part again. That didn't happen, unless he had a cutlass and he put himself there...Why is everyone trying to prove that she actually DID die? Do you all hate her?
Calm down. I still like her, and they're just trying to debate calmly with you. We all respect  you like her.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

Just ignore the stereotype. This happened CONSTANTLY on the Rose Topics. No one cares about the possabilities if something is mearly IMPLIED. I'm open to creativeness with this stuff, so keep thinking.  :) You've got one person behind you.

BTW If you think this is bad, imagine fending off Tiria, Skipper, and pretty much half the common forum members with no one helping me... That's what it's like trying to defend Rose's life.

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on January 08, 2013, 10:13:24 PM
Calm down. I still like her, and they're just trying to debate calmly with you. We all respect  you like her.

You have to realize that Romsca's question was legitamate, and he/she wasn't being aggressive.

Lutra

For Romsca to survive, you would've had to turn back time and have the outcome with the battle of the Monitors be a little different.  The fact she is so busted up she cannot move without her innards falling out suggests she wasn't going to live, even if she could move.  If I remember the story right, the Abbot didn't have his glasses so he couldn't see properly.  I don't think he would've been able to help her much because he wouldn't know where he was going, or what to look for.  Basically Mr. Jacques made it so that Romsca could repent if you will, what she did do wrong before she passed on.

If you forget the books, and Romsca escaped, she probably would've lived in Mossflower and not gone to Samperta.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Romsca

Maybe she thought she was more injured than she was

Dannflower Reguba

This topic about an "IF" has become a topic about shoving someone else's creativeness down their throat, I HATED, and ABHORED it when people were doing that to me in the Rose topic, can't we just leave this as a topic that was made to soar instead of it becoming a drudgery?

TRANSLATION: Please stay on-topic you guys.  ;)