"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

So poems and songs...

Started by Free Thought, March 18, 2013, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Free Thought

Quote from: Romsca on April 07, 2013, 12:24:45 AM
What's M rated about them? I haven't read them, obviously

M rating is for "Mature."  There is detailed fighting (though not unlike normal Redwall books), course Redwallian language and adult content.  Chapters with "M" rated scenes do have warnings at the beginning for any persons not wishing to read them, so they skip over them.  Again, they are written for an older crowd.  I'm sure you can read between my lines here.

Quote from: Shadowed One on April 06, 2013, 08:57:49 PM
Okay, I finished "The Sword and His Flowers". I really liked it except for the rated M stuff. Other than that it was great! I'll admit, I did cry a bit at the end. I am planning to read "Elderstar" next. Hope it is as good if not better than the first one. Anyway, please keep writing your stories. They are very good!

Thank-you!  I'm glad you liked it.  Yes, the M rating isn't for everyone, but that's how the story evolved to me.  I hope you enjoy "Elderstar" as well- it's quite a bit different than TSAHF, but interesting all the same!

Shadowed One

I have started reading it. Liking it so far!
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Shadowed One

I am planning to read Guided Paws as well. Does it stick with the Martin's family thing from TSAHF, or is the storyline totally different?
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

Free Thought

Quote from: Shadowed One on April 07, 2013, 12:37:23 PM
I am planning to read Guided Paws as well. Does it stick with the Martin's family thing from TSAHF, or is the storyline totally different?

It does actually follow the lines of TSAHF, being that Martin is their ancestor (remember Matthias of Redwall came to the abbey AGES after Martin was alive).  You'll probably pick up on the subtle clues the others that haven't read TSAHF won't get, like when the wind calls the babe "Matty," etc.

Second part of Guided Paws is up! Enjoy!

Shadowed One

Quote from: Free Thought on April 07, 2013, 07:10:35 PM
Quote from: Shadowed One on April 07, 2013, 12:37:23 PM

It does actually follow the lines of TSAHF, being that Martin is their ancestor (remember Matthias of Redwall came to the abbey AGES after Martin was alive).  You'll probably pick up on the subtle clues the others that haven't read TSAHF won't get, like when the wind calls the babe "Matty," etc.

Second part of Guided Paws is up! Enjoy!

Ok. Thanks!

Icefire

Quote from: Free Thought on April 07, 2013, 12:46:45 AM
Quote from: Romsca on April 07, 2013, 12:24:45 AM
What's M rated about them? I haven't read them, obviously

M rating is for "Mature."  There is detailed fighting (though not unlike normal Redwall books), course Redwallian language and adult content.  Chapters with "M" rated scenes do have warnings at the beginning for any persons not wishing to read them, so they skip over them.  Again, they are written for an older crowd.  I'm sure you can read between my lines here.

I got really excited about reading these until I saw the rating...hm...
Although, if the chapters do have warnings I might try them anyways. Kind of like a bleep box for a book.  :D
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Shadowed One

Yeah, all the chapters have warnings. The M parts are usually at the end of a chapter, so you might want to read up till the M part so you don't miss the info in the chapter.

Icefire

Ok, I can't resist anymore. I'm reading The Sword and his Flowers.

Free Thought

Quote from: Icefire on April 08, 2013, 09:50:38 PM

Hope you enjoy it!  Remember to review the story while you read it or at the end- you don't need to be a member of FanFic to review so don't be shy! Reviews are how we become better writers! ;)  It is the first book of a trilogy so if you like it there is more to go along with it, as well as a series of shorts about my OCs called "The Journey Home."  Anyways, I hope you like it!

Shadowed One

Is "Elderstar" done, or are you still writing it?

Free Thought

Quote from: Shadowed One on April 08, 2013, 11:04:57 PM
Is "Elderstar" done, or are you still writing it?

Oh, there is LOTS let to go in "Elderstar" don't you worry.  I just haven't gotten around to polishing up the chapters for that one yet.  I should have another chapter up for it soon- most likely for next week.

Shadowed One

Ok, thanks. I really like "Elderstar", possibly even more than TSAHF.

Free Thought

Quote from: Shadowed One on April 09, 2013, 01:00:19 PM
Ok, thanks. I really like "Elderstar", possibly even more than TSAHF.

Not surprising.  TSAHF is a sappy love story where relationships are pushed to the forefront and action is in the back seat.  In ES, it's the opposite- though there is lots of emotional drama, Martin is definitely focused more on battles than his heart.  Glad you are liking it and I should have another chapter up soon.

Icefire

Quote from: Free Thought on April 08, 2013, 10:09:21 PM

Hope you enjoy it!  Remember to review the story while you read it or at the end- you don't need to be a member of FanFic to review so don't be shy! Reviews are how we become better writers! ;)  It is the first book of a trilogy so if you like it there is more to go along with it, as well as a series of shorts about my OCs called "The Journey Home."  Anyways, I hope you like it!
I'm writing random comments as I go. At least, I'm guessing they're random from your perspective. My username there is Icefire0316 in case you didn't figure that out alreayd. :) I think you sent a message in reply to my first chapter review, but I can't pm anyone yet. :P

Free Thought

Quote from: Icefire on April 09, 2013, 04:27:28 PM
Quote from: Free Thought on April 08, 2013, 10:09:21 PM

I'm writing random comments as I go. At least, I'm guessing they're random from your perspective. My username there is Icefire0316 in case you didn't figure that out alreayd. :) I think you sent a message in reply to my first chapter review, but I can't pm anyone yet. :P

I figured it was you, the whole Icefire theme and all... And yes that would have been me that sent the message.  I always send out a thank-you reply to anyone who reviews my works and try to answer any questions they may have.  Hope you are liking the tale so far, but by the last review I got from you (Martin's wrist meets axe) it sounds like you are!!!  ;D