How do you picture the characters?

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 29, 2011, 11:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

I usually don't picture the animals unless I try, and it doesn't work when you've watched the movie, but I just wondered if anyone else did.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Gonff

Sometimes I do, but it's not like a real picture. It doesn't really make any sense, but it's not feasible like I can't tell you exactly what they look like. It's just a slight image. I picture other things a lot more like places, rivers, and items.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Lutra

Thinking back to when I had just read the books, never watched the tv series, I attempted to illustrate what I thought it would look like, sometimes I would do so as I worked along with the story.  I actually have stuff illustrated somewhere with colored pencils if I can find it from the late 90s.  I believe most of what I did at that time was relatively close to as the people at Nelvana saw it.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

daskar666

I just imagine them as people. Works every time.

Nightfire

I usually get very vivid images in my head. I've had a very big imagination since I was three, so it's not really a problem for me to visualize squirrels walking upright and carrying weapons.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Lady Amber on July 29, 2011, 05:19:40 PM
I usually get very vivid images in my head. I've had a very big imagination since I was three, so it's not really a problem for me to visualize squirrels walking upright and carrying weapons.

Same here. I find it as easy to visualize Redwall as visualizing people
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Captain Tammo

I usually have that movie playing in my head when I read a book. The characters are usually pretty detailed
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Dotti

I usually have a movie of what I'm reading sort of playing out in my head as I read, but with Redwall, the characters are rather vague and based on the illustrations in the book.  I found the TV versions of Redwall characters too cartoon-y. :/
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Folgrimeo

I was enamored enough with the TV show that my visions of the characters took on the Nelvana TV series style (before that I imagined Matthias as a generic mouse, Mordalfus as a fat doofy mouse, and Cluny as a buff bruiser). It's somewhat between that and a more realistic style. I always have it play out in my head like a 20-hour cartoon episode. Has the look and structure of a cartoon, but without the we'll-be-right-back cliffhangers. I almost never draw inspiration from the illustrations... except for Taggerung.

Tiria Wildlough

I actually draw some of the characters as humans. :P
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Osu

I've never had a problem picturing the characters, like a "movie" of sorts, as others have said. I see them like real-life animals that wear clothes (when clothes are mentioned, anyway.) ;D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Log-a-Log

I can picture the vermin easily, but I have more trouble picturing the good creatures
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Matthias720

I find it difficult to visualize people, but I don't have a problem doing it with the animals from Redwall. Go figure. ::)

Skalrag of Marshank

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 29, 2011, 07:12:53 PM
I usually have that movie playing in my head when I read a book. The characters are usually pretty detailed

Me too.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Gonff

Quote from: Matthias720 on July 31, 2011, 04:11:33 PM
I find it difficult to visualize people, but I don't have a problem doing it with the animals from Redwall. Go figure. ::)

It's easier for me to picture Redwall animals then people too.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday