How do you picture the characters?

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 29, 2011, 11:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martha Braebuck

the characters aren't very hard to picture because they're animals, but I can believe that some people can't if you've watched the movies.
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Skalrag of Marshank

My images of the characters are based almost completely on what they look like in the show. When I read Redwall, Mattimeo, or Martin the Warrior, I always have the show playing in my head.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Lily

My images of the characters are usually influenced by the cover art. I don't have a solid picture of what the characters look like, they're just... there, you know? An otter looks like an otter, a squirrel looks like a squirrel, but I couldn't tell you exactly what they look like. I do know that they walk on their hind legs in my imagination, though.

DanielofRedwall

I imagine them to be like how they are in the TV shows.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Gonff

Quote from: Lily on August 01, 2011, 02:54:08 AM
My images of the characters are usually influenced by the cover art. I don't have a solid picture of what the characters look like, they're just... there, you know? An otter looks like an otter, a squirrel looks like a squirrel, but I couldn't tell you exactly what they look like. I do know that they walk on their hind legs in my imagination, though.

That is probably a better description of how I picture them than what I said.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Skalrag of Marshank

Except in my imagination, Ballaw from Martin the Warrior looks more like Basil Stag Hare. I do not like how he looks in the show.
  ~ Larry Boy

Redwall Musician

I sometimes just close my eyes, and I can see it. I must say, the TV series helped me see them a little. I've always see them on their hind legs. I guess my brain works a little weird. Sometimes I draw out characters. Of coarse, since I draw cartoon looking pictures, it doesn't look like it does in my mind.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I picture them all on their hind legs, with the exception of reptiles and amphibians, and also wildcats. Why? I have no clue, that's just how I picture wildcats, and also Bane. That fox strikes me different than the rest for some reason.
Quote from: Lily on August 01, 2011, 02:54:08 AM
Same with me, on both points.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Tiria Wildlough

@Skalrag of Marshank: I love the acting troupe, but I don't like how they did Ballaw very much either. Rowanoak too. >:(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

Uh-huh. By the way, I read Martin the Warrior before watching it, and I totally did not imagine Skalrag like that.
  ~ Larry Boy

Coobreedan

I picture them just as the animal they are, but in clothes. For some reason I picture Ragear as a robot rat....
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Skalrag of Marshank

When I was reading the book, I thought Skalrag wore all black, and was really sneaky, because of him and Druwp, I always thought he was "stealthy", or something. Boy, was I wrong.
  ~ Larry Boy

Log-a-Log

Quote from: Coobreedan on August 04, 2011, 01:28:33 PM
I picture them just as the animal they are, but in clothes. For some reason I picture Ragear as a robot rat....
Interesting, now when I read Redwall again I will picture Ragear as a robot
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Skalrag of Marshank

Hmmmmm...I wonder if Asmodeus would enjoy eating a robot rat...
  ~ Larry Boy

Tiria Wildlough

I hate how they did Rowanoak in the TV show. She looks like a bearded lady. XD.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.